when people say "rig"

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: fisher
i think about the days when this was a computer oriented website.

:music:
"Boy the way Glen Miller played, songs that made the hit parade, guys like us we had it made, those were the days, and you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men, mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again, didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old Lasalle ran great, those were the days!"
:music:

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ncircle
getting all greased up to see who the man is.

When they say Rig, the first thing that always comes to mind is a BIG RIG aka 18 wheeler aka tractor trailer aka hauler, etc.

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Googer

When they say Rig, the first thing that always comes to mind is a BIG RIG aka 18 wheeler aka tractor trailer aka hauler, etc.

i wuss gonna say dat

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bigfil

i wuss gonna say dat

The second thing that comes to mind is fishing, many people refer to their poles, lures, boats, or pole towers as their rigs. The third is any contraption we could come up with in boyscouts to solve problem, we used to use the word rig(s). Computers are the second to last thing I think about when people use the word rig.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: bigfil

i wuss gonna say dat

The second thing that comes to mind is fishing, many people refer to their poles, lures, boats, or pole towers as their rigs.

i wuss gonna say dat

Oh, wait...:eek:

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
when people say "rig" I think of the mast, stays, sails, boom and shrouds on a sailboat.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Troll4Hire
Originally posted by: Stifko
when people say "rig" I think of the mast, stays, sails, boom and shrouds on a sailboat.

You might be thinking of a Jig or Jib

Nah, all that stuff is rigging:)