When Lost Coast, Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn??????

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
I have been waiting for this damned thing for months now, valve keeps saying its release is imminent and I want to test it out so bad. There is almost no point to this post but if anyone has any freaking idea when its going to be out pls post it up

fliguy84

Jan 31, 2005
it will come out whenever valve feels like releasing it. after hl2 multiple release dates saga, i won't be the one who put my money on a specific date for lost coast. though, i'm dying to play it ;p

jazzboy

May 2, 2005
Originally posted by: fliguy84
it will come out whenever valve feels like releasing it. after hl2 multiple release dates saga, i won't be the one who put my money on a specific date for lost coast. though, i'm dying to play it ;p

But hasn't it already been finished?

VIAN

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2003
Valve takes forever. They are working on multiple things and if it keeps going they are gonna release the expansion and the level at the same time, that's not cool.

McArra

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
R520 release date is the answer. ATi paid too much to let Valve release all the HDR thing.

jazzboy

May 2, 2005
Originally posted by: McArra
R520 release date is the answer. ATi paid too much to let Valve release all the HDR thing.

You know, i wondered about that. Seriously I am really getting fed up with game developers making these deals or business relationships with nvidia or ati. It does no good what so ever to the actual consumer. Why do they do this sort of thing anyway - i can only guess that it may be some sort of funding thing.

Mar 30, 2005
It supposed to be released alongside of DOD:Source. DOD:S is supposed to be relased sometime in the second week of september, check out steampowered for that. From what i have read the reason for realeasing both at the same time is that DOD:S is supposed to use the HDR from lost cost

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
I played DOD Avalanche probably 3 hours a day for a couple months my freshman year of college. One map, over and over, 12 guys. So much fun. I bet we could have taken a clan on at that point... :)

Here's to hoping DOD:S doesn't screw up that map yet has more fun ones!

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I thought the HDR in Lost coast was goign ot be SM2b compatabile? Why would they wait till R520? That would be dumb. I'm betting theywill release on the same day as DoD: Source which is due out this month.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: JBT
I thought the HDR in Lost coast was goign ot be SM2b compatabile? Why would they wait till R520? That would be dumb. I'm betting theywill release on the same day as DoD: Source which is due out this month.

If they are waiting for R520, my guess is because ATI wants to look good in benchmarks; the X800 and X850's probably won't look quite so hot next to a 7800 or two in SLI, so ATI wants to get their cards out before benchmarks of the HDR levels are released.

This is just personal speculation though...

bay

Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: jtworldwide2
It supposed to be released alongside of DOD:Source. DOD:S is supposed to be relased sometime in the second week of september, check out steampowered for that. From what i have read the reason for realeasing both at the same time is that DOD:S is supposed to use the HDR from lost cost

this man speaks the truth. from what i heard it will be out by the 13th of september

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: compgeek89
At least it's free...

:D Does get hard to complain now, but I am also looking forward to lost coast and the next installment of hl2. So easy to buy................................

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Well so far Valve has been saying soon. Now they've finally said September. So by the end of the month it should be out. In fact... the latest Computer Gaming World magazine has an article about Lost Coast and an interview with Gabe and it says by the time people read that, Lost Coast should be out.

McArra

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: JBT

It seems there will be two levels of HDR. The full detailed one would use Open EXR standard and the other one just with bloom effects would be for R4xx. It was all a rumour, but sound convincing.