When liberty calls

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Why would a right wing Canadian news site care about teenagers in California? And really stupid to promote this unless he wants all of them to get infected

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Speaking as a very old school skateboarder, I just want to say how ironic it is to see that the same right-wing nutjobs who spent decades trying to make skateboarding a crime, and who were against the building of literally every public skateboard park in the country, now want people to believe that they support the freedom to skate.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What I think is strangest about this whole controversy is that the flouting of basic health measures seems likely to make the pandemic worse, which would make the economy worse, which would further damage Trump’s re-election.

Seriously, trying to understand what the plan is here other than owning the libs so hard that the libs own them for the next four years.

Reactions: zinfamous

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
What I think is strangest about this whole controversy is that the flouting of basic health measures seems likely to make the pandemic worse, which would make the economy worse, which would further damage Trump’s re-election.

Seriously, trying to understand what the plan is here other than owning the libs so hard that the libs own them for the next four years.
It appears the plan is for the kids (I use that loosely) to get back to skateboarding.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
What am I missing?
View attachment 21661

And what is this video of?
Yeah I don't get it either

I may be wrong, but the video is likely one of the skate parks that a city (probably in socal) had to push beach sand into so the local crowds would stop socializing. And now they kid are getting the sand out

But posted (retweeted?) By a dude from Toronto? Oh, and he spelled 'Murica wrong.

Edit: apparently the people that decided to post in the Twitter feed are conservative nutters. Now the OP makes more sense.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I may be wrong, but the video is likely one of the skate parks that a city (probably in socal) had to push beach sand into so the local crowds would stop socializing. And now they kid are getting the sand out

But posted (retweeted?) By a dude from Toronto? Oh, and he spelled 'Murica wrong.

Edit: apparently the people that decided to post in the Twitter feed are conservative nutters. Now the OP makes more sense.
I figured it was something along those lines given the OP.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Speaking as a very old school skateboarder, I just want to say how ironic it is to see that the same right-wing nutjobs who spent decades trying to make skateboarding a crime, and who were against the building of literally every public skateboard park in the country, now want people to believe that they support the freedom to skate.

I missed this post while scrolling thru, but I had the same exact thoughts. Growing up as an evangelical, skateboarding was certainly looked at as deviant behavior, listening to devil music, watching devil movies, the same BS that permeates thru the hate for Hollywood and the "MSM". It's laughable to see the same people all of a sudden cheer on the people they've chastised and looked down on for so long.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Why would a right wing Canadian news site care about teenagers in California? And really stupid to promote this unless he wants all of them to get infected
regardcless if he promotes it or not, that will not keep them from getting the virus! Stupid is as stupid does!!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I missed this post while scrolling thru, but I had the same exact thoughts. Growing up as an evangelical, skateboarding was certainly looked at as deviant behavior, listening to devil music, watching devil movies, the same BS that permeates thru the hate for Hollywood and the "MSM". It's laughable to see the same people all of a sudden cheer on the people they've chastised and looked down on for so long.

They're not cheering them on, they're using them as convenient political pawns. They'll go back to hating on skaters again soon enough.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
They're not cheering them on, they're using them as convenient political pawns. They'll go back to hating on skaters again soon enough.

Yea, exactly. Those deviants will be back on the shit list soon enough.

Edit: for the record, I don't harbor the same feelings towards roller sports. My kids are into inline skating, got me into it also, I'm trying to talk them into get aggro skates for the skate park.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
For sure. There are much better IPAs available.

not really. I guess there are ~2 IPAs that are any good. IPA is a garbage beer for garbage people.

New Belgium is long dead to me, anyway. They gave up on making beer and started pumping out gutless IPA after IPA years ago. a single IPA never should have existed in their lineup. The style stands in complete defience of their founding principles.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
not really. I guess there are ~2 IPAs that are any good. IPA is a garbage beer for garbage people.

New Belgium is long dead to me, anyway. They gave up on making beer and started pumping out gutless IPA after IPA years ago. a single IPA never should have existed in their lineup. The style stands in complete defience of their founding principles.
Reminds me of how Pyramid destroyed Thomas Kemper by buying it. Not a clue about lagers.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Religion gives you a choice. You can either realize that the ego is the enemy from which your feelings of worthless won’t allow you to ever escape and die in the arms of God’s love by Grace, or allow your ego to magnify it’s hold by the claim that your have become exceptional because the God you believe in is the one real faith.

The former creates the Lover and the second ego permission.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

This is what happened when west coast IPAs took over in the past decade and ruined a perfectly good ale. Hopped up beyond all recognition and stinking worse than Snoop Dogg’s couch. And then on top of that, breweries started adding citrus and pineapple flavors to try to “balance” their abominations.

At least NE IPAs have started to set things right over the past few years.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005

Stay away from mainstream IPAs. They are a "pale" :D version of what an IPA should be. Really need to look for the micro brews, that is where you will find a nicely balanced, yet hoppy IPA. Really, the same is true for APAs, ambers and so forth. I have found the large regional or national breweries have lost much of their flavor.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
This is what happened when west coast IPAs took over in the past decade and ruined a perfectly good ale. Hopped up beyond all recognition and stinking worse than Snoop Dogg’s couch. And then on top of that, breweries started adding citrus and pineapple flavors to try to “balance” their abominations.

At least NE IPAs have started to set things right over the past few years.
I would agree with much of what you said. Original IPAs always have been highly hopped. However as you say some breweries take it to one extreme while others add so much citris in hops or directly that they lose some of what an IPA should be.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

Fuck IPAs in all their incarnations, they can all be dumped in a bottomless pit for all I care. I want shelf space back for my (non flavored) stouts. Give me stout or give me death, goddamnit.