When it comes to present buying does it have to be a surprise!?

Is it important to you that gifts are a surprise?

• Not at all. I always tell people what I want and ask what they want.

• Personally yes I want my gifts to be a surprise but I ask when shopping for others.

• Personally no I tell others what to get but my gifts to others are a surprise.

• Absolutely! It should always be a surprise. With the exception of a few people who are impossible!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Personally 1/2 the fun of Christmas for me is not knowing what I'm going to get. There really isn't anything that I really need and most of the things that I really really want I save for personally so the real excitement for me is in the surprise. However I know other people who insist on telling their friends and family exactly what they want. This takes all the fun out of it for me, but then too each his own. The only exception to this I make is for my mother who is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for so I basically HAVE to ask her what she wants. Otherwise I try not to though. The old cliché it's the thought that counts means more to me and besides most gifts nowadays can be returned for what they really want. I've returned a number of gifts in the past for something else.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i don't care either way
i don't try to find out if i don't know
if they can't think of anything to get me and i tell them i want cowboy boots and they take me a Cavender's and I try on a bunch of boots and then they go online and order me some boots, that is ok too

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Doesn't have to be, but it's nice.

...my cousin knew when I got him 140oz of nacho cheese, but he surprised me with a 12 pack of Rickey's hot sauce.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I prefer gift cards, if they insist on getting me a gift. I don't like making lists because if i need or want something, I just go buy it. If they don't know me well enough to get me something without asking, or settling for a gift card, then I'd prefer they save their money and not get me anything. I don't particularly like receiving gifts. *shrug*

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I prefer gift cards, if they insist on getting me a gift. I don't like making lists because if i need or want something, I just go buy it. If they don't know me well enough to get me something without asking, or settling for a gift card, then I'd prefer they save their money and not get me anything. I don't particularly like receiving gifts. *shrug*

<Yoda> Hospitality talent lack we do, hrrrm yes? <Yoda>

Status
Not open for further replies.