when i blow my nose, stuff comes out my eye?

weflyhigh

Jan 1, 2007
like 3 times in the past 2 days when i blow my nose, something? (water?) comes out the corner of my left eye. what the fuck?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I get that sometimes. Somethin to do with the way the ducts get blocked. I've had puss type stuff come out. It goes away.

Ready for ATOT attacks.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Good, that means your nasolacrimal ducts are not obstructed. You would be worse off if a little air did not blow out the inside corners of your eyes when you blew your nose while holding it.

PsiStar

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2005
why don't ppl just google or "ask" this crap?

You could probably include in the search the number of times that ppl fart when they blow their nose also.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Don't tell me you've never seen the people who can squirt milk from their eyes and blow smoke through them. Obviously, your sinuses and eyes are connected somehow.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Haha :p It's a side effect of Bell's Palsy called synkinesis.
Eye closure with volitional contraction of mouth muscles
Midfacial movements with volitional eye closure
Neck tightness (Platysmal contraction) with volitional smiling
Hyperlacrimation(also called Crocodile Tears)
A case where eating provokes excessive lacrimation. This has been attributed to neural interaction between the salivary glands and the lacrimal glands.
I'm kind of used to it now, I do wonder if it makes people go o_O when I eat with them.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
ive never cried

You will when you get the diagnosis. You have aquaocularejaculation. It's 100% fatal, and very, very painful in its final stages . . . not that your plight makes me giddy with delight, for that would be wrong, I tell you, wrong.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
You will when you get the diagnosis. You have aquaocularejaculation. It's 100% fatal, and very, very painful in its final stages . . . not that your plight makes me giddy with delight, for that would be wrong, I tell you, wrong.

I got a question.
Do you talk like that in real life? I here it impresses the lady's

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Don't tell me you've never seen the people sho can squirt milk from their eyes and blow smoke through them. Obviously, your sinuses and eyes are connected somehow.

Somehow?

It's a big connection, nothing confusing about it.

The tear duct (drawing a blank on the anatomical term) is connected to one of the sinuses closest to the nose. From that sinus, it also drains directly into the back of the throat.

Sometimes when I use eyedrops, my nose runs a little. At each corner of both eyes (4 points iirc, possibly only two.. per eye), there are entry-ways into the tear duct... excess tears drain there if necessary.

The worst part of it is when using prescription eye drops. Sometimes you get the always pleasant shock of tasting the damn drops. And boy, medicated eyedrops never taste good.