When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag & carrying a cross

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Wow, the news guy looked pretty offended. He must be voting for Huck. :p

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The most notable thing is how the candidate and his campaign is willing to use such image manipulatively. The level of cynicism it shows to use the window pane in such a clearly planned manner - the lighting and especially the framing - the candidate off to the side of the frame to really let the window fram have a huge place in the picture as the camera slides to him - tells me it's extremely likely it was an intentional image, yet dishonest. ("It's just a window!")

Do people want yet another person who is willing to be so dishonestly manipulative as to use religious imagery as a sort of code word AGAIN (the way Bush snuck in stealth religious phrases) to religious fundamentalists to sneak around the policy debate and implicitly ask fundamentalists to vote for him as a sort of religious tribal bond, while not honestly saying that's what he's doing?

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
The mostnotable thing is how the candidate and his campaign is willing to use such image manipulatively. The level of cynicism it shows to use the window pane in such a clearly planned manner - the lighting and especially the framing - the candidate off to the side of the frame to really let the window fram have a huge place in the picture as the camera slides to him - tells me it's extremely likely it was an intentional image, yet dishonest. "It's just a window!"

Do people want yet another person who is willing to be so dishonestly manipulative as to use religious imagery as a sort of code word AGAIN to religious fndamentalists to sneak around the policy debate and implicitly ask fundamentalists to vote fod him as a sort of religious tribal bond, while not honestly saying that's what he's doing?

It's up to the voters to reject that sort of politicization of religion, and the fundamentalists are unfortunately prone to the opposite (and to be fair, they're not alone - the atheists would be prone to leap at an eloquent atheist).

It really was a well done ad. I sat and watched it with the sound off and as a Christian it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I know however the poison behind it. A superb example of how our senses can persuade our logic.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Perry404
Topic Title: When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag & carrying a cross

In case you didn't notice, it already happened. That's a perfect description of the Bushwhacko administration. :thumbsdown: :frown: :thumbsdown:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Harvey

In case you didn't notice, it already happened. That's a perfect description of the Bushwhacko administration. :thumbsdown: :frown: :thumbsdown:

Damn that CABAL of TRAITOROUS LIARS. *shakes fist*

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebor

You said it this time, not me. Glad to know you finally figured it out. :thumbsup: :cool:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

WATCH the RIGHTY try to MOCK the one who is telling the TRUTH while UNABLE to REFUTE his argument with any actual FACTS and LOGIC.

You have no leg to stand on, Nebor, but for the childish post you made, and that's a small leg indeed.

When you look at Bush's background, his psychopathic behavior and his working for his father's campaign and finding he was able to bamboozle the religious voters well (he said this at the time in so many words), and all the manipulation he did of the religious voters becasue they were essential to getting elected, with the corrupt links to send the religious leaders who helped him (some quite corrupt) taxpayer dollars under the 'faith-based initiatives' scam, while the White House officials mocked those leader privately...

That well supports Harvey's claim of the political motives behind the 'carrying a flag' part, and the utter selling out of the public interest by systematically rewarding donors with letting them write their own laws and appointing their own industry shills to the regulatory posts, and punishing non-donors by not allowing any laws to pass for them, and the K Street project to steer all donations to republicans, that supports the corporate-government merging that's part of fascism.

And the incessant nationalism, the politicization of the flag and such, the hostility to dissent (secrecy, 'free speech zones, infiltrating peace groups, etc.) are another part of fascism.

No, you can do no more than the little attempt to mock, without any substantive information that shows you're right.

When they say it'll come wrapped in a flag and carrying a bible, the people they're saying will be fooled by those bad leaders include you.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

You ain't seen nothing yet. With the laws that are being enacted in America today and the stripping of our rights that both the republicans and the democrats are engaging, we are setting ourselves up to be one monster of a nation. Bush is bad but he hasn't come close to reaching the status of a Hitler. In a future however where the executive branch has all power, and if history is any guide, such a scenario is extremely likely.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

When you look at Bush's background, his psychopathic behavior and his working for his father's campaign and finding he was able to bamboozle the religious voters well (he said this at the time in so many words), and all the manipulation he did of the religious voters becasue they were essential to getting elected, with the corrupt links to send the religious leaders who helped him (some quite corrupt) taxpayer dollars under the 'faith-based initiatives' scam, while the White House officials mocked those leader privately...

That well supports Harvey's claim of the political motives behind the 'carrying a flag' part, and the utter selling out of the public interest by systematically rewarding donors with letting them write their own laws and appointing their own industry shills to the regulatory posts, and punishing non-donors by not allowing any laws to pass for them, and the K Street project to steer all donations to republicans, that supports the corporate-government merging that's part of fascism.

And the incessant nationalism, the politicization of the flag and such, the hostility to dissent (secrecy, 'free speech zones, infiltrating peace groups, etc.) are another part of fascism.

Karl Rove is about as close as you can get to Hitler's propoganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who, with Hitler, exploited the principle of The Big Lie. These quotes are often attributed to Goebbels.

?If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.?

?The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over?

?The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over?

?Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.?

All of these attributions may not be accurate, but we know from history that the nazis embraced the The Big Lie, and we have years of similar, documented lies by the Bushwhacko administration from top to bottom.

We also have plenty of documentation that, like the Bushwhackos, Hitler used Christianity to justify many of his inhuman crimes:

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

-Adolf Hitler in (Mein Kampf)

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922.

WARNING!!! If any brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophant challenges whether their TRAITOR IN CHIEF and his criminal gang have lied, I will repost a long list of Bushwhacko lies with links to prove the point. If you don't want to see another three foot long "macro" documenting their lies, keep your own lies, distortions, distractions and diversions to yourself.

All the forces of war were compelling,
And blacker than Colin, the Knight,
And the lies they were telling, they sell in the name of their savior.

And they silence the voices arising,
From those who would show us the light,
With their guys with their spies in the skies watching you and your neighbor.

And Who's Watching Over Who's Watching Over You?
Tell me, who's telling who's telling you what to do what to do?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

HAHAHAH now that was funny :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Wow, the news guy looked pretty offended. He must be voting for Huck. :p
Yep, it was the most interesting part of the vid. The guy is a biased hack and let his opinion and desired defense of huckabee cloud his ability to speak properly.

tells me it's extremely likely it was an intentional image, yet dishonest.

Agreed. They go over these with a fine-tooth comb before release; he knew it appeared to be a cross.

HAHAHAH now that was funny

heh

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

WATCH the RIGHTY try to MOCK the one who is telling the TRUTH while UNABLE to REFUTE his argument with any actual FACTS and LOGIC.

You have no leg to stand on, Nebor, but for the childish post you made, and that's a small leg indeed.

No, you can do no more than the little attempt to mock, without any substantive information that shows you're right.

When they say it'll come wrapped in a flag and carrying a bible, the people they're saying will be fooled by those bad leaders include you.

I've never argued with Harvey. I just think he does a poor job of making his points by talking in giant capital bold letters. You proved that it's a poor method of arguing by pointing out how pointless it was when I did it. I've never said that I disagreed with Harvey.