When chicks do it, no big deal. But men??

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
No, I have not, I went completely equal on every account and explicitly stated that both scenarios were equal.

I don't buy the bullshit sold though, I'm not buying her dinner for a chance to get laid, I'm either treating her or she may be treating me or we go Dutch but whatever we do I don't go whining about it afterwards just because things didn't turn out the way i had hoped.

there are no arguments to be made against the moronic statements that willingly paying for a meal is comparable to buying the most expensive things on the menu and running away without paying leaving the third party with the bill which ANYONE in their right mind would get is a huge embarrassment for anyone, lady or male.

I'm sick of the white male victim mentality that you and those like you (Trump) portray every day of the week, you're worthless and weak and need to shape the fuck up.

I have never not fully paid for a meal when on a date. A few I knew a few minutes through were just there for the free meal because they were using their phones non-stop. I could have just paid for the appetizers and left but I didn't, maybe that makes me a sucker but that was the way I was raised. Luckily I didn't have many of those dates but there have to be a ton more where the woman clearly isn't interested but stays for the free meal. Do I actually I think that should be a crime, hell no, that is just how dating has always worked. Men who have been scammed by women FAR outweighs the women scammed by men but for some reason you seem to think that men should face far stiffer sentences. Why is that?

We agree on other subjects so I am genuinely curious as to why we don't agree on this.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm just hoping that he's actually taken his meds and that's why he's stopped posting.

No, I went over to my "pretend" girlfriend's house for dinner and stayed a while for dessert.

I could post pictures, but I wouldn't want to give certain people here fapping material.
rofl.gif
funny.gif

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I didn't read this whole thread but when I saw that he's facing 16 years for dine and dash I couldn't help but laugh.

That's the time people get who run 100 million dollar Ponzi schemes and destroy thousands of lives in the process.

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I don't read this whole thread but when I saw that he's facing 16 years for dine and dash I couldn't help but laugh.

That's the time people get who run 100 million dollar Ponzi schemes and destroy thousands of lives in the process.

And then there was the guy that betrayed our country to the Russians, and only got 14 days in jail.
smiley-22.gif

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
I have never not fully paid for a meal when on a date.

Was that because you chose not to or because she made an excuse to leave the table and stiffed you with the bill? One is you agreeing to buy someone dinner an the other is a crime.

Do you know which is which or are you a massive male victim who just can't tell the difference?

A few I knew a few minutes through were just there for the free meal because they were using their phones non-stop. I could have just paid for the appetizers and left but I didn't, maybe that makes me a sucker but that was the way I was raised. Luckily I didn't have many of those dates but there have to be a ton more where the woman clearly isn't interested but stays for the free meal. Do I actually I think that should be a crime, hell no, that is just how dating has always worked. Men who have been scammed by women FAR outweighs the women scammed by men but for some reason you seem to think that men should face far stiffer sentences. Why is that?

We agree on other subjects so I am genuinely curious as to why we don't agree on this.

If you willingly pay for their dinner you are not being scammed, are you? You're seriously comparing getting scammed and stuck with the bill to willingly buying someone a meal?

You can say "I'm not paying for your food" if you want to or you can refrain but what you cannot do (dumbass) is pay the bill and whine about how you paid the bill when no one forced you to do so.

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
No, I went over to my "pretend" girlfriend's house for dinner and stayed a while for dessert.

I could post pictures, but I wouldn't want to give certain people here fapping material.
rofl.gif
funny.gif

No one is going to masturbate over pictures of some lesser known celebrity pics you found online that represents your girlfriend in your deranged mind, kid.

Nov 8, 2012
Oh hell yeah! they GOT go to jail! (Check the video)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/california-dine-and-dash-additional-charges/index.html

California man who allegedly stuck dates with the check faces years in prison

Prosecutors in Los Angeles have hit the defendant they call the "Dine-and-Dash Dater" with four new felony counts of extortion.

Paul Guadalupe Gonzales, 45, is accused of 11 counts of extortion and two counts of attempted extortion for allegedly luring women to nice restaurants, ordering food and vanishing -- sticking his victims with the bill.
The public defender's office has not returned calls for comment.

"It was humiliating," said an alleged victim, who asked CNN in an exclusive phone interview to identify her only with the pseudonym Jane. "I was frustrated. It just left me in a bad place."
Jane said she wrote a check for $218 to Houston's restaurant in Pasadena after Gonzales walked out on the bill.

Ok - STOP I gotta call bullshit here.

As someone that lives in the area, WHAT fucking restaurant do you think even has a bill of $218 in Pasadena TX haha. Taking a drive through Pasadena is like taking a time warp back 50 years. There isn't even a restaurant that I could rack up $100 in Pasadena, let alone $200+

Also - What is with this article ? How is this a "California Man" when it's in Texas? You sure they aren't confusing this with Pasadena CA?

Also, from the sounds of it with the quote "ordering food and vanishing" - that makes it sound as if he didn't even eat the food - but simply just ordered it?

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Ok - STOP I gotta call bullshit here.

As someone that lives in the area, WHAT fucking restaurant do you think even has a bill of $218 in Pasadena TX haha. Taking a drive through Pasadena is like taking a time warp back 50 years. There isn't even a restaurant that I could rack up $100 in Pasadena, let alone $200+

Also - What is with this article ? How is this a "California Man" when it's in Texas? You sure they aren't confusing this with Pasadena CA?

Also, from the sounds of it with the quote "ordering food and vanishing" - that makes it sound as if he didn't even eat the food - but simply just ordered it?
Could you kindly explain what made you think the story had anything to do with Texas? Maybe the poster you were responding to made a mistake although it was not clear from the quotation, but the story made it incredibly clear that is was Pasadena, California. The articles on the subject make it very clear he at least basically consumed all of his meal (really meals plural in many cases) before excusing himself to go to the bathroom and the like and sneaking out of the restaurant.

Nov 8, 2012
Could you kindly explain what made you think the story had anything to do with Texas? Maybe the poster you were responding to made a mistake although it was not clear from the quotation, but the story made it incredibly clear that is was Pasadena, California. The articles on the subject make it very clear he at least basically consumed all of his meal (really meals plural in many cases) before excusing himself to go to the bathroom and the like and sneaking out of the restaurant.

Jane said she wrote a check for $218 to Houston's restaurant in Pasadena after Gonzales walked out on the bill.

I see now, the restaurant itself is literally called Houstons it seems?

Fyi Pasadena is a city that is within the Houston area. That's why I was confused.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Umm yeah well... right after the 'California Man...' headline is "Prosecutors in Los Angeles..."

Heh. Kind of a major reading fux-up there! :D