When checks are automatically sent from a bank, when do they get sent out?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
As in, if someone is set to send a payment in every 10th for something like your cable bill, when does it get mailed out so the check arrives on or before the 10th?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
CitiBank - 5 days
Chase - 4 days
PNC - 3 days
WaMu - No Idea
Bank Of America - Who gives a shit?
Wells Fargo - Do they even send checks?
Bank One - They send pennies

I have no idea about the rest.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
As in, if someone is set to send a payment in every 10th for something like your cable bill, when does it get mailed out so the check arrives on or before the 10th?

You should always make sure to mail it out a week before hand. Though 2 weeks just in case of a mail delay. Make sure you get a guarantee where if it is late your bank will pay for the late fees.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Does anyone know if you don't like writing checks can you have a check sent to yourself so you can use it at a place that only accepts checks but not credit cards ?

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: pcslookout
Does anyone know if you don't like writing checks can you have a check sent to yourself so you can use it at a place that only accepts checks but not credit cards ?

Are you really that lazy that it's easier to type all the information in, payee, amount, address and wait a few days for the check to arrive at your house and take that check to the store than just write a regular check?

FWIW, most banks will let you send a check to anyone, any address, etc...but Jesus man...most banks will send you blank checks for free.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
Originally posted by: pcslookout

Are you really that lazy that it's easier to type all the information in, payee, amount, address and wait a few days for the check to arrive at your house and take that check to the store than just write a regular check?

FWIW, most banks will let you send a check to anyone, any address, etc...but Jesus man...most banks will send you blank checks for free.

No. It would be a monthly thing for the place I buy stuff at.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
why the hell are you even writing cheques? this is 2007. get with it. i never thought on a board full of internet geeks we'd have discussions about antiquated paper transactions.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: KLin
Bank Of America - Who gives a shit?

Typically 5 days, tho with any large company they do electronic payment and it is 1 day timeframe. I know that this is the case with my gas and electric company along with tmobile, comcast etc...

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
why the hell are you even writing cheques? this is 2007. get with it. i never thought on a board full of internet geeks we'd have discussions about antiquated paper transactions.

I believe this is a bill pay discussion if I'm not mistaken. I use it for utilities that either charge for online payment or don't take any kind of online payment.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I don't, but many clients have to pay by check, no choice, government related work can't have a payment sent through CC afaik.

Anyway, I wanted to estimate when it would arrive because I don't check the PO Box daily, thanks guys :)

I appreciate your post KLin :beer: :)

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Dulanic

I believe this is a bill pay discussion if I'm not mistaken. I use it for utilities that either charge for online payment or don't take any kind of online payment.
That's exactly it, not everyone has gone online yet, which is stupid IMO

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

news to me. i didn't know anybody charged for online payments.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000

news to me. i didn't know anybody charged for online payments.

My gas company does....

If you are a Residential Customer
A maximum payment of $500 may be made per transaction. Payments greater than $500 will require additional transactions as noted below:

Payment
Transaction Fee
$1-$500
$501-$1,000
$1,001-$1,500 $ 4.25
$ 8.50
$ 12.75

Increments of $500, add an additional $4.25.