when are the new imacs comin out?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
I see the new G5 towers... when are the new IMACs comin out? My sister wants one for college.....

Spikey289

May 20, 2002
Probably not for awhile. Maybe in the fall or with the next apple confrence. Haven't heard much else from anyone about anything other then the new g5's

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
I would imagine you won't see G5 in iMacs for at least a year, if not longer.

The iMac is not supposed to be the power-equivalent of a PowerMac, just like the iBook is not the equivalent of the PowerBook.

The G4 was introduced in 1999. An iMac with a G4 CPU wasn't introduced until January of 2002. I don't think it will be three years before you see an iMac with a G5 CPU, but it definitely isn't going to be any time soon.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Expect a new design/generation of iMacs probably early next year. I doubt they'll have the G5 but I'm guessing by that time they'll have substantially upgraded or changed SOMETHING.

Then again, they've already updated the Powerbook and the Tower this year, so the new Imac could be just around the corner...

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
It would be cool if the LCD on the next version iMacs would rotate to portrait mode. The first time I saw the lcd iMacs, I figured it would because of the way it looked, but was sorely disappointed.

Spikey289

May 20, 2002
Originally posted by: werk
It would be cool if the LCD on the next version iMacs would rotate to portrait mode. The first time I saw the lcd iMacs, I figured it would because of the way it looked, but was sorely disappointed.

I agree the rotating to Portrait mode would be sweet. I know we would have some happy customers at my company if that was the case.

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Why don't you visit spymac.com or macnn.com? Their forums may be more helpful