When are people going to realize that Hillary = Bush

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Seriously. Do we really want another 4 to 8 years of the same old song and dance?

GHWB - 4 years
BC - 8 years
Dumbass - 8 years
Hillary - 4 and probably 8 years if elected

Surely I'm not the only one who has a problem with 2 familes effective controlling the Presidency for over 2 decades.

---

No substantiation. No facts. Nothing credible. Please show some respect for your fellow member. If you believe this, surely you can make a better case for your point than this amateur rant.

Thank you.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Seriously. Do we really want another 4 to 8 years of the same old song and dance?

GHWB - 4 years
BC - 8 years
Dumbass - 8 years

Surely I'm not the only one who has a problem with 2 familes effective controlling the Presidency for over 2 decades.

nope, it's just they let any retard without any knowledge or the ability to butter toast cast votes that count the same as an informed intelligent person.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I find myself in agreement with you, and would like to see real change from our next POTUS, and not theirs' or Mitt's catch phrase version.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

No, you're not.

But our votes don't seem to count :)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
for the most part, yes

minor differences, where to overspend to increase the national debt, nationalized health care vs. bombs, etc

but mostly the same

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: FoBoT
for the most part, yes

minor differences, where to overspend to increase the national debt, nationalized health care vs. bombs, etc

but mostly the same

Seems like a major difference to me if you want to spend resources to bomb other countries or on health care for Americans. But what do I know...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

GHWB - 4 years
BC - 8 years
Dumbass - 8 years

I don't see anything within your post that actually makes the argument for Hillary ='ing Bush :confused:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
You point about 2 families controlling the White House is correct, but Hillary and Bush are very different on many matters.

Hillary has very different views on almost all domestic social problems. Her response to almost every domestic issue is more government programs and spending. Plus she will almost certainly raise taxes.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Yeah, I think they're worlds apart. From an establishment sense, they are similar, and Hillary votes for war. But on most everything else, it is night and day.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Now, you people remember this when Jeb makes his inevitable run someday ;)

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I don't think Hillary is Bush and nor do I believe she would be terrible to have in office, but I don't think she would be great either and I definitely do not believe that now is the time to elect someone that thinks and acts like her.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Funny no one was complaining about this when GWB ran and was even re-elected after we all knew what a chimp he really was or that fact that GWB and his brother Jeb were govenors of two different, powerful states?

That said, it is a shame but sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The American people still has nor really grasped what the congress voted for in authorizing the Iraq war. Kerry totally failed to articulate in an understandable manner when he said he voted for it before he voted against it, now Edwards has repudiated his vote, and only Hillary waffles.

But basically I can somewhat support the Hillary position. Because what that vote really said is that the congress should back the President because we need a strong President. And a President can only be strong if he has the congress behind him. And the President is weak in any set of negotiations if the congress is second guessing him every step of the way.

And the problem comes when we have a strong and idiotic President. We want to back the strong part and not back the idiotic part.

Sadly on subsequent strong President votes, Hillary still votes the strong President side, even though she know GWB is an idiot.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Sadly on subsequent strong President votes, Hillary still votes the strong President side, even though she know GWB is an idiot.

Because Mrs. Inevitable is hoping for the same power when it is her turn. Which, hopefully, will be the tenth of Never.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
People don't realize it because you have sheeple that see Hillary cry at a press conference, and THAT motivated them to surge and support her as a woman???

If NH proved anything, it is that Democrats have their fair share of sheeple.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
You point about 2 families controlling the White House is correct, but Hillary and Bush are very different on many matters.

Hillary has very different views on almost all domestic social problems. Her response to almost every domestic issue is more government programs and spending. Plus she will almost certainly raise taxes.

Besides taxes, you haven't mentioned any differences at all. Bush's solution to everything was to throw more money at it.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Funny no one was complaining about this when GWB ran and was even re-elected after we all knew what a chimp he really was or that fact that GWB and his brother Jeb were govenors of two different, powerful states?

Bush 43 is VERY different than Bush 41.

Meanwhile Hillary is just offering people a chance to return to the 90s. The only reason Hillary does so well is because a bunch of people think she'll be Bill part 2, just look at the threads around here for proof of that.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The only reason Hillary does so well is because a bunch of people think she'll be Bill part 2, just look at the threads around here for proof of that.

No, they think Bill will be President again. Which he would, just not officially.

And the idea of Hillary appointing him to the Supreme Court is tantalizing for a certain group as well.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Bush 43 is VERY different than Bush 41.

Meanwhile Hillary is just offering people a chance to return to the 90s. The only reason Hillary does so well is because a bunch of people think she'll be Bill part 2, just look at the threads around here for proof of that.

Yeah, Bush 41 didn't know enough about domestic policy, whereas Bush 43 doesn't know enough about anything.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Pabster
The only reason Hillary does so well is because a bunch of people think she'll be Bill part 2, just look at the threads around here for proof of that.

No, they think Bill will be President again. Which he would, just not officially.

And the idea of Hillary appointing him to the Supreme Court is tantalizing for a certain group as well.

LOL, why would Bill want to be on the Supreme Court when he could be "acting" President? Make up your mind. :p

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

And Bush kept government programs and spending in check? No. He's been spending like a sailor at port ever since he took office.
And you see the inflation permeating every part of our economy? That's the result of Bush's "tax cuts" combined with his spending.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster

I've never heard that floated by anyone.

You or I would have a better chance of being confirmed.