Whay does EVGA precision set the GPU clock to 400 mhz ???

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
So now I am up to 2 million or more points lost, since this has now happened on a second computer. I find they are running at 400 mhz ? and I only have the fan clocked up, not the card.

Last edited:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
A quick search online says that an EVGA GPU reverting to ~400mhz while under load is a sign of an unstable overclock or processing/memory errors on the card.

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
A quick search online says that an EVGA GPU reverting to ~400mhz while under load is a sign of an unstable overclock or processing/memory errors on the card.

Sounds logical:

The same thing happened to me not to long ago. Have a GTX 970 setup (2) in one of my rigs and only 1 card did this to me. None were overclocked and just like Mark, I had the fans set more to the aggressive side. I rebooted a couple of times and the one card still reverted back to 400Mhz. (spooky)........Bottom line was, I updated to the latest graphics driver and problem went away. The latest driver had just came out at that time so it just gave me an excuse to update anyway. Since then no issues. Also, I have the priority set to Temps and both cards set to 65c.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I had to undo any and all overclocking on the 980 Ti's to stop that from happening on my machines. One card had to even be underclocked (from the factory overclock).