What's your weirdest poor college student food combo?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Cliantro and the cheapest lunchmeat I can find. Then find the cheapest bread I can find.
Cliantro = 50 cents
Bread = 89 cents
Lunchmeat = 99 cents

Lasts a good week of lunch.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: flavio
I used to like Mac & Cheese with Tabasco

the only way i eat mac and cheese is with Taco Bell sauce. That stuff is great!

-=bmacd=-

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I used to make Rice A Roni out of fried rice and top ramein. I can't remember how to do it exactly.

Whole cucumber in a hot dog bun.

Semi cooked top ramein, so that it is sort of crunchy (mmmmmmmm).

Egg drop top ramein is AWESOME, BTW. Cook as per usual, but drizzle a raw egg (beaten) in for an additional minute. Sometimes I add frozen peas. Shoot, I ate that for lunch yesterday!

jarsoffart

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
A little irrelevant but, my friend once told me he had chicken nuggets one day at the DC in UC Berkeley, and then the next day the DC had the left over chicken nuggets and covered them with sweet and sour sauce and called it sweet and sour chicken.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: jarsoffart
A little irrelevant but, my friend once told me he had chicken nuggets one day at the DC in UC Berkeley, and then the next day the DC had the left over chicken nuggets and covered them with sweet and sour sauce and called it sweet and sour chicken.

Yea, sounds right. I know at the UC Riverside dorms, last night's carne asada is tomarrow afternoon's burritos, or last night's leftover burgers are tomarrow afternoon's patty melts.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Tunafish, Cranberries, and lettuce on a roll.

Peanut Butter & Jelly with nacho cheese doritos mixed in on white bread.

Two days straight with nothing to eat except Pixie Stix, and Kool Aid. I was a super ball that bounced at the drop of a hat after those two days.

~wnied~

SpiderX

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
Kraft Dinner and Bbq sauce...that was sick, I was out of Ketchup
Peanut butter and crackers

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
2 Products which do not exist in the US. Poffertjes with vruchtenhagelslag. Poffertjes are like sweet, tiny pancakes, to be eaten hot with butter and powder sugar. Vruchtenhagelslag is for on bread, sugar with flavors (which have to taste like fruit but don't, they taste terrible nowadays). It wasn't too bad, and as someone had dumped it over the whole load of poffertjes it was either that or nothing. Was 4am and we were all drunk anyway.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002

The people at Rutgers University had a similiar idea one night. They did the same thing but this time called it General Tso's Chicken at the Orient Express Line. :Q

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
The results of 3:00 am dorm live starvation: cooking ramen noodles in a pop corn popper.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
One time I had to eat my caviar with ritz crackers and a bottle of Merlot. Merlot, can you believe it!

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Macroni and barbeque sauce. Get the macroni in 1lbs bags, the sauce from the cafeteria for free.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: TuxDave

The people at Rutgers University had a similiar idea one night. They did the same thing but this time called it General Tso's Chicken at the Orient Express Line. :Q

general tso is FAR from sweet and sour chicken...it's the red-sauce covered meat with those black long peppers that are super spicy.

-=bmacd=-

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
1) Mix flour and water in a bowl into paste.
2) Turn off all the lights so nobody can see you.
3) Eat.
4) Cry.

Apr 5, 2000
Coldcut sandwich + pickles + cheese + ketchup heated up in the microwave for 25 seconds

Doesn't sound too weird but everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts for eating that

Other than that I eat fairly normal

Masas

Feb 11, 2001
hot cheetos and salt

hot cheetos were getting too hot so i needed salt to lessen the spicyness...

had no water or other drinkable liquid at the time...

salt + hot cheetos raised my blood pressure so high......

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
1) Mix flour and water in a bowl into paste.
2) Turn off all the lights so nobody can see you.
3) Eat.
4) Cry.

hahahaha thats gold.

i just used to steal food from the cafeteria if i ran out. they seemed to have a problem with it...All you can eat my ass!

anyways, now that im not longer a freshman, PB n J is the way to go, even though albacore and some mayo cannot be beat. I have loads of ramen but no microwave.. :(

this is why i stopped using marijuana... i'd just get too freakin hungry and spend like 8 bucks on food and crap at once.