What's your take on Mars

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
I keep seeing pictures taken be the Mars Surveyor plastered all over the internet. These pics, according to which ding-a-ling you listen to, perport to show signs of artifical stuctures, ruins, mining activities, etc.
I look at these pics and wonder if there are really idiots who see these things. I can't see these things.
I'd like to believe there is life on Mars. But an advanced, technological civilization is going off the deep end. Are people really this stupid? :(

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I'm afraid people ARE that stupid. :(

But you never know what might have been on Mars.. whatever, we'll find out what comes of it eventually :D

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's not so much that people are stupid, it's more that they tend not to be terribly intellectually discriminating when it comes to seperating reality from fantasy.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
eons ago maybe there was a civilization on Mars and that's why we're here now. Or vic versa. The time it would take is just a blink on the universal scale.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000

our solar system is only a puny part of the galaxy
ugh nevermind we never make it alive trying to search for other life form or heck even live to see it

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
The only Mars info. I have comes from the movie Total Recall. "Get your ass to Mars...Get your ass to Mars...".... :)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
most people don't understand anything. especially chocolate :p

the possibility that an advanced race terraformed the planet (partially or whatnot) exists. the probability is not HIGH though. it would not SHOCK me though.

"those" people scare me a little, personally.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I'm so tired, I can't think. Mars... Mars... is a planet. I bet it isn't real and is really a conspirecy by the government to make us think that we aren't the center of the universe. That is Mars's purpose. Yeah. I think I'm getting carple tunnels syndrome :(