What's your opinion of Freak Dancing?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000

In a recent USA Today article they talk about how some parents and school officials are shocked by how young kids are dancing today.

USA Today Article

Maybe I'm an old fogey but I sometimes wonder if this is the result of too much easy access/exposure to p0rn. I just think that too many kids are "growing up" too fast.

Besides, if I, at the age of 37 hasn't "gotten any" yet then I don't like the idea of kids 1/3 my age doing stuff that I can only dream of....;)

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000

<< Besides, if I, at the age of 37 hasn't &quot;gotten any&quot; yet >>

Perhaps your view is a bit jaded also because you've never experienced such things?

dm

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Funny, they said the same thing about the Waltz. And virtually every new thing to come around.

Every generation has complained about the next generation's music and forms of entertainment.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Perhaps your view is a bit jaded also because you've never experienced such things?

Perhaps. I suggested the possibility that this is the reason. ;)

Funny, they said the same thing about the Waltz. And virtually every new thing to come around.

Every generation has complained about the next generation's music and forms of entertainment.

True. But what bothers me is the age of some of the participates. The article said this is occurring in middle schools. That means 11, 12, 13 year old girls are bending over, putting their butts in the air and waiting to be &quot;mounted&quot; by guys -- and mounting and &quot;riding&quot; other little girls.

I'm just a bit bothered by the sexualization of younger and younger girls by the media and culture. I think this can be dangerous to society.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Freak dancing is pretty fun acutally, at least kids having fun doing this instead of crack.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001

<< Tantamount to sex?

Grown-ups aren't so sure. Adults say even if it's not intercourse, freaking is tantamount to sex, and sex has no business being at a school dance. Rumors have even swirled among parents about girls getting pregnant on the dance floor.
>>

NICE!

XzeroR3

Sep 29, 2000
booty dancing is fun every now and then. just gotta find booty first :D.

But I primarily &quot;rave&quot; dance.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
It's coo.

My school admins don't think so though.. they took away all our dances, our rallies, are carnivals, basically everything becuase it was done at a dance. Stupid admins who want a rebellious school.. :|

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Ummm... the link points to the story of the Idaho kids holed up in their house.....

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
bah, let the kids do what they want, they are not gonna get pregnant on the dance floor.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
bah, let the kids do what they want, they are not gonna get pregnant on the dance floor.

I wonder if you will feel differently if you have a 12 year old daughter.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'm a pretty liberal person, but even I think that this kind of dancing should not be tolerated, at least not in a middle school. High school, that's another thing. Kids are growing up way too fast these days.

linuxboy

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
ditto on that.

If that kind of sexual freedom is allowed in public, other freedoms given to adults should also be granted. The school is essentially a dictatorship and the administration is acting in loco parentis. Hence, something of this nature shouldn't be allowed at that young of an age. If the people were 17-18, they should have the freedom to choose and if they choose to freak dance, they can. Personally, I don't care for freak dancing and consider it going beyond creative expressionism.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
My thoughts exactly...freak dancing isn't appropriate for a middle school dance. High school I could see, but 11-13 year olds shouldn't really be doing it. It's highly suggestive, and no, it's not &quot;just dancing.&quot;

As for in clubs, I couldn't give a damn. People pay money to get in, let em dance however they want. I like it so long as I know the other person I'm dancing with...if not, then it's just too awkward for me.

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
hah, screw the freak dancing, get on with the straight out bed-shankin FUUREAKING!! i think freak dancing does get pretty dirty though. it just depends on who's doing it, that's all...

girl + guy = that girl better be hot
girl + girl = HOT
guy + guy = :Q

snut

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
i cant dance...:( all i do is stand around and kida move around...there were some girls who has aked me to danced that Id love to dance with...*sigh*

lowfatbaconboy

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
&quot;rave&quot; dancing is usually refered to as liquid.... which is what i do
but i have a friend teaching me freak dancing and its rather fun =)

i have no problem with it at school dances

correct me if im TOTALLY wrong here but i heard from a friend that swing dances...that it was infact a &quot;adult&quot; dance back when it was created and it was still allowed back then...