What's your kid worth?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I say expel the little ratfuckers.

More "Texas Stupid."

Video at https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/...cist-snapchat-group-lavandera-pkg-ctn-vpx.cnn

Texas high schoolers had a mock 'slave auction' where they put prices on Black classmates

1624398602543.png

Several high schoolers in Aledo, Texas are facing punishments after their school discovered they held a virtual "slave auction" where they put prices on Black classmates.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a group of white ninth graders used Snapchat to set up mock "auctions" for Black classmates where they would bid anywhere from $1 to $100.

While the school has not detailed how the students who set up the auction are being disciplined, Superintendent Dr. Susan Bohn said that she wanted to make clear that racism has no place in her school district.

"There is no room for racism or hatred in the Aledo ISD, period," Bohn said. "Using inappropriate, offensive and racially charged language and conduct is completely unacceptable and is prohibited by district policy."

Tony Crawford, an activist and leader with Parker County Progressives, tells the Star-Telegram that there have been "a long line" of racist incidents at the school.

"Can you imagine what it's like for somebody to put a price on your head?" he said. "I cannot imagine the embarrassment and hurt that people you might be friends with are having that conversation."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
What a vicious way to hold an online popularity contest huh?

That 'ol saying about "kids will be kids" won't cut it in this case. Sad part about this is that those kids who did it aren't going to change their attitudes that they've been cultivated in. What they'll learn is to simply be more sneaky about sharing their views about it.

Now let's wait and see how long it takes for somebody to claim that the kids 1A rights were violated.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
But you know racism solved according to the GOP

But you know racism solved according to the GQP?

Fixed that for you..

You're welcome.

What a vicious way to hold an online popularity contest huh?

That 'ol saying about "kids will be kids" won't cut it in this case. Sad part about this is that those kids who did it aren't going to change their attitudes that they've been cultivated in. What they'll learn is to simply be more sneaky about sharing their views about it.

Now let's wait and see how long it takes for somebody to claim that the kids 1A rights were violated.

And THIS is why siblings are not supposed to procreate.

Reactions: iRONic and cytg111

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Black kids should put out a public pool on how small the other kids dick's are.

How is this still happening?.....

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Too extreme, IMHO; but only because they are teenagers. A couple of weeks of suspension + community service?

Not just community service in their perfect little white rural tower.. Send those shits to the inner city and make them work homeless shelters and do trash pickup.

Reactions: iRONic and Ajay

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm sure they never heard it from their parents or relatives. Racism is fake news according to republicans.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Texas is making a full court press to unseat Florida and take the crown for how fucking stupid can a state be. Florida should be nervous because Texas is coming on strong.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Short Answer...

Trump
As much as I would like to agreed that really isn't true. The racism and such was here before Trump. All Trump did was throw flames on it and Bring out the hatred.

There are people who want to blame Obama, and say he is the one who caused the racial divide, but that is false also. All Obama did was stop ignoring it and brought was already happening for decades, to the forefront. Every President prior, democrate's and Republican's, ignored it for the most part. Which was not just limited to the Presidents, but many people in our government. That is what has kept it alive for so long, never really addressing it, causing it to fester like an open wound.

Bringing it to the forefront like Obama did, was just the first step in the healing process. But rather than putting a bandage on the festering wound, Trump tore the wound open wider, and dumbed salt on it.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
As much as I would like to agreed that really isn't true. The racism and such was here before Trump. All Trump did was throw flames on it and Bring out the hatred.

There are people who want to blame Obama, and say he is the one who caused the racial divide, but that is false also. All Obama did was stop ignoring it and brought was already happening for decades, to the forefront. Every President prior, democrate's and Republican's, ignored it for the most part. Which was not just limited to the Presidents, but many people in our government. That is what has kept it alive for so long, never really addressing it, causing it to fester like an open wound.

Bringing it to the forefront like Obama did, was just the first step in the healing process. But rather than putting a bandage on the festering wound, Trump tore the wound open wider, and dumbed salt on it.

They say if you see one roach in your house, there's 200 you didn't see in the wall. The roaches were always there. Trump just made it ok for them to come out into the light and eat off the kitchen counters.

Too extreme, IMHO; but only because they are teenagers. A couple of weeks of suspension + community service?

Too harsh for elementary school kids, but not for teenagers, who are technically "young adults".

Maturity is supposed to increase with age, not diminish.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Actually instead of community service, let's enroll them to a 98% black school in say Detroit or Baltimore and let them spend a few semesters there.
IDK. I went to an Inner city junior high in Fitchburg, MA with a high % of blacks. It's like there was a wall between us. I couldn't make friends with any of them and gave up (unless that was your point).
In 9th grade, I went to a school in the suburbs because they had a tougher curriculum, and back to a 98% white experience again.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Not just community service in their perfect little white rural tower.. Send those shits to the inner city and make them work homeless shelters and do trash pickup.
Actually instead of community service, let's enroll them to a 98% black school in say Detroit or Baltimore and let them spend a few semesters there.
I know a white girl who is one of my in laws who went to a majority black school.

She is openly and unrepentantly racist. A deep and enduring hatred that has lasted a few decades now.

I do not feel that your plan would work out as intended. Racism is an evil that cuts both ways.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I think we are a point now where our real division is more along rural vs urban lines. "Racism" is a part of that built up through just systemic ignorance, stereotypes and outright political bubbles. We actually need people that live in one area or the other to be forced to spend time in the other. We used to think it was culturally enriching to send our kids to other countries. Well, eastern Kentucky may as well be a different country than Detroit or South Chicago. People need to understand hardships that others go through. They certainly aren't getting it through their existing information bubbles.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I thought Republicans didn't want slavery and it's effects taught in school.

I must give them credit their new way to teach slavery is with real reenactments. When do the beatings begin for failing to pick massa's cotton?

Reactions: Viper1j