What's your favorite (semi) new album?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Originally posted by: RadiclDreamer
The smashing pumpkins - Zeitgeist

Some stuff was pretty good, I'm not sure whats on that CD but I saw Smashing Pumpkins live at Virginfest and he had a really good one: "Heavy Metal Machine". But there was also "Death from Above", that wasn't one I'm too keen on ha. Good show - "death from above", everyone was really quiet when they played that... it was pretty :confused: and WTF. But you gotta love the classic stuff from them moreso, nothing like Tonight, Tonight +Today+ 1979.

ognabor

Jun 6, 2007
Originally posted by: HammerCurl
So I'll start, I've had Eisley's album, "Combinations" on repeat for like a week. Not solely them, but them more than anything. Their music is like a warm blanket on a cold night, + several stuffed animals, ha. I've been digging Gym Class Heroes, "The Papercut Chronicles" too. Good stuff, anyone listening to any albums (beginning to end) a ridiculous amount of their day?

woo, somebody else likes Eisley

ive got them and Great Northern on a playlist. love the ethereal goodness of it.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Originally posted by: ognabor
So I'll start, I've had Eisley's album, "Combinations" on repeat for like a week. Not solely them, but them more than anything. Their music is like a warm blanket on a cold night, + several stuffed animals, ha. I've been digging Gym Class Heroes, "The Papercut Chronicles" too. Good stuff, anyone listening to any albums (beginning to end) a ridiculous amount of their day?

woo, somebody else likes Eisley

ive got them and Great Northern on a playlist. love the ethereal goodness of it.

WOOOHOO, yea I'm glad I found one other Eisleyhead. Ha, I LOVE THEM, I've seen them in philly like 2 years ago at the TLA, small venue, Sherri is absolutely gorgeous, and they sound just as good, if not even better live. I'm gonna see them in Baltimore on Oct. 19, sucks that theyre just the opening for Mute Math. But I'd drive 2 hours to see them play for ten minutes. Eisley, Soooo hot right now

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
so true Hammer, Sherri is just pretty looking for sure. I prefer them live over there CD though, oddly...the venue I saw them at was a tiny one, but very...romantacism setting? oodles of couches, different sets of 'leveling' I really liked the venue I saw them at. I have gone to a few other shows at the venue it was at and its really neat.

Fit the bands playing style well.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
so true Hammer, Sherri is just pretty looking for sure. I prefer them live over there CD though, oddly...the venue I saw them at was a tiny one, but very...romantacism setting? oodles of couches, different sets of 'leveling' I really liked the venue I saw them at. I have gone to a few other shows at the venue it was at and its really neat.

I do like the small venues, but I'd like them to get slightly more popular so that they'd be the main attraction rather than Mute Math, or whoever else theyd be under. I wouldn't mind paying the extra money either, but the ~15 dollar ticket price is nice, and you get to see them really close. And they were so modest, stopping so many times to shyly thank everyone for the applause. They're playing on Conan Aug 30th whoopty whoop!

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com

I do like the small venues, but I'd like them to get slightly more popular so that they'd be the main attraction rather than Mute Math, or whoever else theyd be under. I wouldn't mind paying the extra money either, but the ~15 dollar ticket price is nice, and you get to see them really close. And they were so modest, stopping so many times to shyly thank everyone for the applause. They're playing on Conan Aug 30th whoopty whoop!

weird, they were headling when they played here in MPLS. yes, they did the shyly thanking everyone thing too haha. Playing on Conan?! should be interesting. The tickets were cheap if I recall, 5-8$ or so. They played a good hour long set if I recall...trying to think of the venue name.

ognabor

Jun 6, 2007

weird, they were headling when they played here in MPLS. yes, they did the shyly thanking everyone thing too haha. Playing on Conan?! should be interesting. The tickets were cheap if I recall, 5-8$ or so. They played a good hour long set if I recall...trying to think of the venue name.

damn, i didnt know they were on tour... i guess i never really checked it out. i love mute math too, so that'd be a win/win show... oct 9th at the house of blues, baby! $15 means im there!

dotcom173

Jan 16, 2006
between the buried and me - Colors (not out yet)

Circa Survive - on letting go

cold war kids - robbers and cowards.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Danzig - The Lost Tracks of Danzig 2-disc Release Date 7/3/07

1 Pain Is Like An Animal
2 When Death Had No Name
3 Angel of the 7th Dawn
4 You Should Be Dying
5 Cold, Cold Rain
6 Buick McKane
7 When Death Had No Name
8 Satan's Crucifiction
9 The Mandrake's Cry
10 White Devil Rose
11 Come To Silver (Acoustic)
12 Deep $
13 Warlock

Disc 2

1 Lick The Blood Off My Hands
2 Crawl Across Your Killing Floor
3 I Know Your Lie
4 Caught In My Eye
5 Cat People
6 Bound By Blood
7 Who Claims The Souless

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Platypus
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
Era Vulgaris - Queens of the Stone Age

This album is very hot/cold for me.. some of the tracks are great, some are not up to their usual standards

Have you checked out the Bsides from this album? Most are better than actual LP songs.

It's strange, I didn't really like it at first but I had it on my Ipod rotation. When I listened to all of my QOTS this alblum was always first aso ended up listening to it in its entirety over and over. Somehow it just grew like crazy on me and now I'm a real big fan of it :)