What's your favorite driving music?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
MC 900 Foot Jesus

Actually it just depends on my mood. Sometimes it is heavy like Meshuggah, others is it mellow like Frou Frou. I'm all over the place. Just no country. Ever.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Pepper
Expendables
Helmet
Long Beach Shortbus
Mad Caddies
Pink Martini
Tom Petty

Those are some I have in the car right now.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: uhohs
RAVEMAN PLAYS THE BLAZIN BEAT

j/k, i listen to girly jpop while driving.

I thought you were serious! I didn't think anyone other than me listened to Initial D music while driving :p.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: mpitts
For long drives, I stick with Face to Face, Bad Religion, Fall Out Boy and Cake.

thats about like my list, with gorillaz and some random punk thrown in. something to keep me lively and awake.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Foxery

<3 Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. Anything that Amazon suggests as "similar" music always comes up short, IMO.

I actually listen to Blues or Bluegrass on Sirius most days. Energetic music with more talent and less headache than commercial radio crap.

Bluegrass, eh? Do you know Nickel Creek? Great, great band.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mika - Relax, Take It Easy
Sublime
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Audioslave
RATM
POD
Scooter - Fire
Muse

I listen to different music at night and during the day, too. Muse, techno, metal at night. Reggae and rock during the day. And I listen way louder at night. I just like night driving and it gets me pumped.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i usually listen to everything. i'm listening to the used right now, which is a good summer driving band.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
As I Lay Dying has fueled many commutes spent dissecting traffic with a brutal right foot.

It's either rock CD's or NPR when I don't want music.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lately I've been listening to Dream Theater while driving when I have no familiar radio station.

I usually just listen to the radio though, the local rock station.