What's your boss like?

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Must follow the following format:

Boss' Title & Age: Project Manager, 37

His duties: Manage my team of 8 people. Projects are actually managed by us... he just sort of oversees.

Briefly describe his character: He's a proud Englishman. He LOVES UFC/MMA stuff.. swears a LOT. He's not a micromanager and he leaves you alone if you do your damn job. He snuck me out of work several times and watched soccer together during last World Cup. He treated me to all the beer and shit. A no-frill type of guy.

What do you like about him? I'm his favorite.

What do you dislike about him? He is definitely hot headed. Some idiots don't realize that and don't know when to shut up. I'm pretty good about dealing with him, but it does grow tiresome trying to suit his mood sometimes.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) I give him a solid 8. A great boss!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Boss' Title & Age: Corporate Controller, 32

Her duties: Manage 3 departments and a total of around 25 people. Ensure accuracy/completeness of financials.

Briefly describe her character: She's awesome. Easy to talk to, provides great, constructive criticism. Plus she's hot! :D

What do you like about her? See above, we have a very good working relationship.

What do you dislike about her? Not much. She's hard to get in touch with sometimes, plus she rolls in late pretty often which compunds the first issue, but really not a big deal at all.

What do you rate her in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) 9.9 She's easily the best boss I've ever had.

KT

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005

Boss' Title & Age: Senior Application Engineer, 55+

His duties: Manage my team of 8 people. Assigns switchboard elevation team folders and advises application 4 man crew of changes/updates to current jobs.

Briefly describe his character: Extremely short with people. Likes to have little fun. Bitter most days. Takes a little bit of work to get him to laugh, but doable. Doesn't like to budge from common practices.

What do you like about him? He is compassionate about letting you leave work for family affairs with no questions asked.

What do you dislike about him? He takes his job way too seriously. He doesn't know how to losen up with his surroundings and let's small changes form into catastrophic failures.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) I give him a 5. Could be better, could be worse.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

Plus she's hot! :D

KT

Um.. I have a hot friend who's a controller and 32 yo. Is she your boss? ;)

Doubt it. She Canadian?

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

Doubt it. She Canadian?

KT

Yes!!!!!

Yikes! Kind of freaking me out.

KT

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006

KT

Doubt it. She Canadian?

KT

Yes!!!!!

KT

Well, what's her name?

Dec 26, 2007
Boss' Title & Age: Front Line Supervisor both in mid 30's

Her duties: Oversee our underwriting team of ~35

Briefly describe her character: Boss 1: Things go over her head all the time, never gets jokes. She reminds me of what Barbie would be IRL personality wise. She is airheaded at times and tried to micromanage but it didn't work to well with our team. Boss 2: She and I have a fun time, joke around quite often. Very laid back, as long as you hit your personal and the team goals lets me nef on ATOT all day. Great to work with.

What do you like about her? Boss 1: That I only have to talk to her when the 2nd one is out. Boss 2: Her humor, and how we can throw jokes around back and forth without worrying about offending the other.

What do you dislike about her? Boss 1: Doesn't know what is going on 1/2 the time, is very longwinded and meetings where she talks that should be a quick 5-10 min meeting last 30 min, and she never just comes out and says what she means (beats around the bush so to speak). Boss 2: She has to do stuff that Boss 1 does, like walk around and say "hi" and try to have a conversation with everybody on the team 2-3 times a week.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) Boss 1: 6 She isn't that great but is above average. Boss 2: 9 She could get a 10 by giving me a nice raise :)

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

Doubt it. She Canadian?

KT

Yes!!!!!

KT

Well, what's her name?

Eh, not going to post it here.

KT

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Boss' Title & Age: Data Manager, 59

His duties: Manages 5 people. Coordinator, overseer, babysitter.

Briefly describe his character: Think Hammy in Over the Hedge. He has problems focusing and has a lot of trouble completing a task. He gets his work done when he has to, but he's basically a slacker. He's easily distracted and can talk for hours about anything non-work related.

What do you like about him? He's a nice guy.

What do you dislike about him? He's a nice guy. He lets people get away with waaay too much. It's great that he's flexible, but the other slackers in the group take advantage of the situation. I suspect he's a back stabber in that he'll give you a lot of rope and then he'll hang you himself.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) 6

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Boss' Title & Age: Office Manager, 55+

His duties: Manage all the office "stuff" and oversee the 8 other managers in the office (including myself)

Briefly describe his character: She's been with the company since 1976 and really worked her way from the bottom to 2nd in command (some would argue 1st in in command to be honest). She's pretty bull-headed, but in a good way. She can be overly rough with people sometimes, but she pretty much was the one that built and shaped the business itself. In general I don't think many people LIKE her here, but they do RESPECT her as they can see she's not inthe position to be "liked" but to rather keep the business going forward, and she does that very well IMO.

What do you like about him? She likes me and stays off my case 99% of the time. She doesn't know my job overly well, so she can't tell me if (she thinks) I'm doing something wrong. Though the flip side of that is "well just make it work then... " Not always the easiest obviously.

What do you dislike about him? As aforementioned, she doesn't always have the best people skills, but again, in her spot, she can't afford to be everyone's friend at work.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) Honestly.... I would give her a solid 9+. Her only laking trait is that she's just harsh a lot of the time. I don't know if people do good work because they fear her or respect her, but either way she gets what needs to be done and does it with no punches pulled

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Boss' Title & Age: Dentist, 38

His duties: Head honcho dental guy in the office.

Briefly describe his character: He's of Haitian decent, but born and raised in the Bronx. He's always in a good mood. He shuns responsibility when it comes to office decisions.

What do you like about him? He's very down to earth.

What do you dislike about him? He's a pushover

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) 7

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I'm going straight to the top

Boss' Title & Age: Owner, CPA, almost 70

His duties: Manages 9 people. Good work ethic. Oversees everything but the day to day stuff

Briefly describe his character: Has anger issues. Yells at clients like it's nobody's business. Yells at employees like it's nobody's business. Do esn't give a FUCK.

What do you like about him? He drinks like a fish.

What do you dislike about him? He's cheap. See "Briefly describe his character"

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? 9 for work ethic, 2 for interpersonal relationships

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Ns1

His duties: Manages 9 people. Good work ethic. Oversees everything but the day to day stuff

Briefly describe his character: Has anger issues. Yells at clients like it's nobody's business. Yells at employees like it's nobody's business. Do esn't give a FUCK.

What do you rate him in the scale of 1-10? 9 for work ethic, 2 for interpersonal relationships

so.. all in all, do you like him as your boss?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Ns1

so.. all in all, do you like him as your boss?

Only on business trips, and only AFTER work. Outside of work he's alright, inside of work I want to cut myself. Repeatedly. Luckily he can't really yell (at employees) in english, so I'm usually spared. He just yells at the other people in Japanese and I get the gist of it.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Boss' Title & Age: Chief Operating Officer, old

Her duties: I honestly don't know. Enact bad systems?

Briefly describe her character: Milquetoast. Hates confrontation. VERY poor manager. Does not instill trust or loyalty in others.

What do you like about her? She believes all employee problems can be fixed with more money.

What do you dislike about her? She believes all employee problems can be fixed with more money. Also, plays favorites big time. No procedural or distributive justice. Makes changes, enacts policies and procedures for no real reason, maybe just to prove she does something?

What do you rate her in the scale of 1-10? (10 being best) 2. There were rumors last year that we'd get bought out (rumors she lied to us about). Several coworkers and I had hoped we would get bought (our jobs are relatively safe) JUST so she'd get axed.