What's wrong with me?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Today, after lunch, I experienced a pain that felt like I didn't eat at all the whole day. I noted it, drank some water, and all was fine after 30 minutes or so and I stopped feeling hungry. Now, I just had dinner about 30 minutes ago and the pain/feeling of hunger came back about 5 minutes ago. I believe I'm eating healthy. Rice, chicken, vegetables, water for both lunch and dinner today. Any idea what's going on with me?

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
The 30 minute interval sounds like a blood sugar deal. If you eat sugars and carbs etc you get an insulin spike and crash and can feel hungry not long after eating. White rice will do that easy. Fruit juice will kick hell out of your pancreas and a bagel is even worse than table sugar. Are you diabetic or does it run in your family? Certain medications will also mess with your sugar metabolism as well and antidepressants can be some of the worst for that. The New York times recently ran an article about studies that show 1 in 7 New Yorkers on their way to diabetes. With all the carbs and sugars being comsumed we are on the way to health care nightmare. Give up sugars and refined carbs (white flour etc) as best you can.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Would white rice be a refined carb? I love rice to death and can't see myself giving that up.. :( As for diabetes running in the family, only my father has it. My brother has had a few instances related to blood sugar but wasn't considered diabetic.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
maybe your stomach acid is low and you aren't absorbing nutrients properly which leads to feeling hungry.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Well, at least I'm not the only one!
This has been happening to me a lot lately.
Saturday evening, I got a large pizza & cheesesticks, I ate about 1/2 of each and I was stuffed.
Put it up to eat the next day, not 30 minutes later, I was back into it for a slice, and then about 20 minutes after that, I just went & got the entire box and polished it off!
IIRC, I STILL had to have a snack before bedtime, too!

iroast

Golden Member
May 5, 2005
I'm fine with just a cappuccino in the morning, but if I add a small bowl of cereal, I get hungry about an hr later.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: judasmachine
Are there little white segments in your stool?

Always. What's that mean? I don't wanna threadcrap (oh no, he didn't! Yes, I did :p), but please tell me. I'm also tired a lot and have close to no stamina.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Vegitto

Always. What's that mean? I don't wanna threadcrap (oh no, he didn't! Yes, I did :p), but please tell me. I'm also tired a lot and have close to no stamina.

zomg tapeworm

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn

zomg tapeworm

Really? I mean, the 'pieces' are MIXED with the poo, right? Otherwise, no white segments.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Vampires drink blood, they don't eat food.

Was the weather colder than usual? I find myself eating more when it's cold.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003

zomg tapeworm

Really? I mean, the 'pieces' are MIXED with the poo, right? Otherwise, no white segments.

Worm segments in poo means you have worms dude. Works the same with people, cows, chickens, etc. You need to go to the doctor and get wormed.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I don't know if they're worm segments.. It's not really white, either, more of a yellowish-brown. But that may be the poo influencing the pieces. Can't you buy something over-the-counter? Or would stuff for cats work, too? I've got a lot of that..

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
I don't know if they're worm segments.. It's not really white, either, more of a yellowish-brown. But that may be the poo influencing the pieces. Can't you buy something over-the-counter? Or would stuff for cats work, too? I've got a lot of that..

LOL, go see a doctor if you think I'm right. Seriously.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

I don't trust my doctor. I won't elaborate, but if I can do it myself, I will. Let's rephrase my previous question: Will taking cat deworming-medicine kill me?

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003

I don't trust my doctor. I won't elaborate, but if I can do it myself, I will. Let's rephrase my previous question: Will taking cat deworming-medicine kill me?

HOW THE F*** SHOULD I KNOW! IF YOU HAVE WORMS COMING OUT YOUR A** GO SEE A FOOKIN DOCTOR