What's with the links that don't open in a new window?

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
He didn't mean the link to the other thread. He meant the link in the first post of the other thread.
I don't know why it doesn't open in another window but it could have something to do with the text being black rather than blue.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: AIWGuru
He didn't mean the link to the other thread. He meant the link in the first post of the other thread.
I don't know why it doesn't open in another window but it could have something to do with the text being black rather than blue.
Ohhhhhhhh. Whoops. I think it has to do whether you enter the link using the "http" button in the reply box, or you just let fusetalk autoparse the url's.

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Originally posted by: AIWGuru
Ohhhhhhhh. Whoops. I think it has to do whether you enter the link using the "http" button in the reply box, or you just let fusetalk autoparse the url's.

Yes, don't use <a href....

dexter333

Oct 9, 2000
It's because you clicked a link from this forum whose target didn't exist yet so your browser opened a new window. Now when you click a link on the linked page, the target already exists so your browser opens the link in that window.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: dexter333
It's because you clicked a link from this forum whose target didn't exist yet so your browser opened a new window. Now when you click a link on the linked page, the target already exists so your browser opens the link in that window.
Correct. The root cause of this problem lies in an error in the way FuseTalk is coded. New windows should be spawned in a A TARGET of "_blank", not "new".

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Opens in a new window for me. You suck at teh intarweb. :p

no, YOU suck at teh intarweb and at estimating plutonium yields also! :p

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: dexter333
Correct. The root cause of this problem lies in an error in the way FuseTalk is coded. New windows should be spawned in a A TARGET of "_blank", not "new".

no, I don't think so. As someone else said, I think it has something to do with how those links were added to that post. They don't have target tags at all.