What's with the "In Russia" jokes?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Originally posted by: DaFinn
No need to take a gender test I am 100 % female and yes I can produce witnesses to that fact

In Soviet Russia, you need to produce female facts to witness that gender! ...huh?

This will never stop being funny :D

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Originally posted by: Goldfish
Many of the forums are viewable now for unregistered users, get a chance to see if you like it or not.

do you have stairs in your house?

I am protected as well. I just started this thread to try and find out how it got from SA to here.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: JuMpR629
No need to take a gender test I am 100 % female and yes I can produce witnesses to that fact

In Soviet Russia, you need to produce female facts to witness that gender! ...huh?

Actually, I was just thinking quite the opposite. When is this ever going to be remotely funny?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
Originally posted by: klah
There was a show in 1986 called "What A Country" with a Russian actor named Yakov Smirnoff. He made statements such as "In Russia, phone company call YOU for information" and "In America, you jump the shark; in Soviet Union, shark jumps you". This has been mocked throughout the years on other shows such as the Simpsons. Recently it began appearing at fark and quickly spread to neffers on message boards around the internet.

I first heard it on Family Guy. Peter had just brough a new Benz with GSP voice-enabled system that could be used in several different accents.

So when Peter showed Loise the Russian accent, the car said "Fork in road ahea. In Soviet Russia, road forks YOU"

cracked me up the first time I heard it :)

I see.. so that's what this stupid Russia thing is all about... I had been wondering lately too.....

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: LedZeppelin
Originally posted by: JuMpR629

Actually, I was just thinking quite the opposite. When is this ever going to be remotely funny?
In Soviet Russia, 60-year-old men still stuck on Led Zeppelin have sense of humour too.

- M4H

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is one of those things that's so dumb that it's funny. I get a chuckle from it. :)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
This is one of those things that's so dumb that it's funny. I get a chuckle from it. :)

I'll save someone the trouble: In Russia, chuckle gets you! :eek:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Argh. For the last time, it's ...

"In Soviet Russia ..."

... get it right :D

In Soviet Russia, trouble saves you!

- M4H

In Russia, Soviet gets you! :D :p