Whats with some of you at AnandTech?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I've noticed alot in the time I've been here that some people have a far too "holyer than thou" attitude. I mean if someone reposts a topic, even if it's weeks later, some of you jump all over that person like it was the worst thing they could possibly have done. Or if someone posts something they are generally interested in knowing our views on, some of you post simply to call them a Nef because you didn't like the topic. Some of you seem to think that you are better than the rest of us because you can post 10 or 20 times a day, but you're not. I don't care what you think of me for saying all this, but I also don't care. I'm tired of some of you thinking you're all high and mighty when you're really no better than any of the rest of us.

I don't care if the same topic gets posted 3 times a week, if people are still going to answer in the thread, then that topic is still important enough to be reposted. If someone intentionally posts something that is neffing, don't go in and post just to call them a Nef, that makes you an even biger Nef than them, let the mods handle it by locking the thread.

Thanks for letting me say my peace. It's not like anyone is really gonna see a thread I posted at 3:30 in the morning anyway.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
thraash- some of these people live here on Anandtech. Let them feel special will ya? :D

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
yakko, do you ever leave the AT forums. It seems like every thread I look at you've responded to it. Half the time you were the first to respond. Jeez man, get outside some.

Oct 19, 2000

<< thraash- some of these people live here on Anandtech. Let them feel special will ya? :D >>

Isn't that about the truth. Couldn't agree with ya more thraashman.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
OK.

I am a Golden Member (as of today!)

If you are a Junior Member, Member, or Senior Member, whatever I say is right and you are wrong because I am higher than you and you have no value :)

j/k :)

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
fr
that's what alot of people seem to think even though you're joking. It amazes and angers me to see how often Junior Members and Members are attacked simply because they have yet to learn the rules.

ugh

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2000

<< that's what alot of people seem to think even though you're joking. It amazes and angers me to see how often Junior Members and Members are attacked simply because they have yet to learn the rules. >>

Perhaps they think that those aren't rules... But common sense in the forums?

Just my 2 cents...

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Gotta dissect this one... :)

<<I've noticed alot in the time I've been here that some people have a far too &quot;holyer than thou&quot; attitude. I mean if someone reposts a topic, even if it's weeks later, some of you jump all over that person like it was the worst thing they could possibly have done.>>>

I used to do this, but then I stopped jumping on the guy and telling him/her nicely with a smiley. The truth is, some threads like &quot;What does Nef means&quot; are posted so often, it?s irritating. Furthermore, that newbie gets a 2bit explanation of what NEFing is and he goes crazy posting crazy nef posts to be with the in-crowd.

<<<Or if someone posts something they are generally interested in knowing our views on, some of you post simply to call them a Nef because you didn't like the topic.>>>

I agree 100%. Some of those guys piss me off. Again, most of those guys are nubile to OT and think they know the meaning of Neffing, but what they are really doing is thread crapping. (I was going to start a thread about this when 2 jack asses called someone a Nef when she really didn't).

<<<Some of you seem to think that you are better than the rest of us because you can post 10 or 20 times a day, but you're not. I don't care what you think of me for saying all this, but I also don't care. I'm tired of some of you thinking you're all high and mighty when you're really no better than any of the rest of us.

I am better than you. ;) J/k. Seriously, I think the guys that are spending way too much time here knows what they are missing, and it's their choice. Like in real life, everyone have different personalities, and some acts like jerks (I am guilty of acting like a jerk, even though I joke around most of the time :)) and don?t. The weekends are the only time I get some free time for OT.

<<<I don't care if the same topic gets posted 3 times a week, if people are still going to answer in the thread, then that topic is still important enough to be reposted. If someone intentionally posts something that is neffing, don't go in and post just to call them a Nef, that makes you an even biger Nef than them, let the mods handle it by locking the thread.>>>

Couple of members were warned about this by the mods (posting &quot;in before the lock&quot; is against the forum rules). If a thread has been posted couple of times before, then some one will point that out. It's way these forums are, and you can't change it in overnight.

<<<Thanks for letting me say my peace. It's not like anyone is really gonna see a thread I posted at 3:30 in the morning anyway.>>>

You'd be surpprised how many people are online this late. :)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< yakko, do you ever leave the AT forums. It seems like every thread I look at you've responded to it >>

It is sunday night and my friends are either at work or have to work in the morning so I got nothing better to do at 4:30 in the morning.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

<< yakko, do you ever leave the AT forums. It seems like every thread I look at you've responded to it. Half the time you were the first to respond. Jeez man, get outside some. >>

yakko=AI 'bot, look at his replies carefully and you can tell.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
While it is a little disturbing to log on and see a thread called &quot;how old are you&quot; at least once a week I have to admit that if it was never posted I still might be a Jr Member. ;)

And while the age here is above the average for places I have been you will still have the younger people who are still learning the ropes and are just trying to join in on the fun.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I agree with ya thraash. :)

<< You'd be surpprised how many people are online this late. >>

Yup, definitely. You must not be familiar with the &quot;night crowd&quot; or &quot;night shift&quot;. ;) There are quite a few of us that stay up too late for our own good and quite a few that are at work. I have a very early doctor's appointment this morning and need to go to bed. So, stop posting so I can go to sleep. :p ;) Heehee

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
wow i totally agree with you. i hate when people say this has already been posted even though it was posted like weeks back but because they sit here 24-7 and have all the threads memorized they feel they must remind you that it has already been posted (even though they didn't know and wasn't purposely trying to repost!) anyways i also find the &quot;what's your age&quot; posts annoying but if you don't sit here all day everyday...you don't really mind it. just scroll past it. it's no use complaining about it...there will always be some newbie thinking they are asking this great and original question who's gonna keep posting about this. but if u don't let anandtech consume your life...it shouldn't bother u that much! :p

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
What if Neffing.com would be used for a small FAQ on Neffing and other related topics? Then every time someone asks what 'nef' means, we can point him/her to that FAQ?

Just an idea :)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You is suck! NEF! Use the search next time!!!

Hahaha, j/k, that's the stuff your talkin' about, eh?

What we need are some of those mad mod skills. You know, being able to anchor a particular thread to each page. That way we can keep the common type threads in plain view so noobs don't keep &quot;discovering&quot; the &quot;ultimate&quot; topic! :D

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Good thread, thraashman. I agree that some people go nuts and jump down people's throats when they do something wrong, but part of that may because the same thing happened to them when they first joined.

Digobick

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm usually pretty lenient with the new members, but senior members on up should know better about a lot of things. Threads like Pepsi or Coke?, Boxers or Briefs?, Male or Female?, Sex before marriage?, Hottest Woman? are posted so frequently that it gets pretty annoying. It's not hard at all to do a search and see what's been posted in the last 45 days.