What's with doctors these days?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I heard an ad on the radio last night I couldn't believe. It was for bored certified doctors. Who in hell wants a bored doctor, and what kind of a nut factory would certify that they are? Give me an interesting and intrested doctor any day. Geez!

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
First I was :confused:, then
rolleye.gif

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I heard an ad on the radio last night I couldn't believe. It was for bored certified doctors. Who in hell wants a bored doctor, and what kind of a nut factory would certify that they are? Give me an interesting and intrested doctor any day. Geez!

I can deal with a bored Doc, the idea that alll of em are certifiable though, now that's scary stuff :D

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
They realize that people in computer field make more money than they do???

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
um, are they Bored, or Board certified doctors?

The fun folks miss out when they don't enjoy wordplay. My doctors have always been certifiably bored - what interests me is how many people find this fascinating. I can't get an appointment until the end of July because everyone wants to go see the bored doctors.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: kLezViruS
yea, i think its BOARD certified, not BORED certified.. It is the radio you know. Hehe.
People who point out the painfully obvious should be bored through the skull with a power drill, then hit upside that same empty noggin with a board, then certified brain dead and sent to the doctors at their local HMO for a discount rectal probe. :disgust:

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
People who point out the painfully obvious should be bored through the skull with a power drill, then hit upside that same empty noggin with a board, then certified brain dead and sent to the doctors at their local HMO for a discount rectal probe.
ROFL. Gotta love that discount rectal probe.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well I don't see how it could be BOARD certified because lumber has nothing to do with medicine.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Dearest Moonbeam,

Thank you for the only genuine laugh I have found in a dark day.

Your post reminds me of two things:
  • Many years ago, a local gynecological clinic had a small sign on its door which proclaimed:
    ALL OUR PHYSICIANS ARE BROAD-CERTIFIED.
  • Earlier this year, the "Urban Tulsa" newspaper printed a story containing this sentence:
    "The Emergency Response Operator dispatched two uninformed officers to the scene."

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The thought of an excited OB/GYN doctor is somewhat disturbing....and I'm male :eek: