What's this movie I'm barely remembering?

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
It's a vampire movie. Probably cheaply made. Probably from some time in the 80s or early 90s.

What I remember is that the vampires somehow caused their entrails to come out of their mouths either to feed or to to perform some other function. It's not like the stingers in The Strain though, but a bit weirder and more disgusting actually. There was a "master" vampire who was a big Frankenstein looking mfer who at one time was lying dormant in a body of water. I have a vague memory of him or another vampire floating with their guts trailing out of their mouths somehow using them to breath underwater.

Something wakes him up and he proceeds to infect the town, including a friend (maybe girlfriend or sister?) of the protagonist. I can't remember if the protagonist was male of female, but something is making me lean toward female, so maybe it was a sister. There's a fight of sorts in a building like a church or town hall where the vampirized townspeople have congregated. The fight moves to an underground watery area afterwards where the protagonist has a showdown with the master vampire. The friend/sister vampire girl eventually turns on the master and gets killed for her trouble (broken neck maybe?), but perhaps provides the opportunity for the protagonist to strike the killing blow.

That's pretty much all I remember. There is a disconnected memory of a vampire female actually expelling a membraneous chrysalis type thing from her mouth that surrounds her body and maybe that of another vampire. I don't know where in the movie that was or what it was all about though.

Any ideas?

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Hotel Transylvania?

Nope it's not animated, and it's probably around 20 years older than that too. Do they really have vampires that extrude their innards out of their mouths in an animated movie though? That might be worth a watch.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Even though that movie meets 0% of my criteria I think you're right!

:D I'm not a 80s horror movie aficionado at all.

I can tell you that when I'm thinking about an older movie like that, I'm usually off by about half the things I remember, or mixing up multiple films.

Weird and disgusting? Like a Cronenburg film? Or just cheesy 80's gore?

inf1nity

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2013
tbh the first thing that comes to my mind on reading "innnards coming out of the mouth" are those creatures in Resident Evil movies..