What's the worst horror movie you've watched?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Bride of Chucky

My wife and I were dating at the time and actually paid money to see this movie.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
EEGAH! What a HORRIBLE movie!

It's AWESOME, however, when it's MST3K'D... :D:D
Yup. You can pick a ton of movies out that MST3K ragged on and pretty much blow away any mainstream choices in this list. I recently found an old tape with 4 epiosdes on it and I've been watching them the last week. As far as the actual films go (like the one I'm watching right now "Boggy Creek II") they're HORRIBLE. But watching it with the MST3K guys cracking on it is hilarious.

shmepti

Nov 30, 1999
Troll 2. Acting is horrible. The little boy on the front of the box is not the one thats in the movie. Worst of all, THERE ARE NO TROLLS IN THE MOVIE. The movie is about goblins. Its bad, but quite hilarious too.

From what Ive read, Troll 3 (aka The Crawlers) is as bad or worse than Troll 2. Having never seen it I cant make a judgement. However I do know that, again, no trolls in the movie. This time, its killer plants or something.

Im not sure if this qualifies as horror, but it did seem like it was supposed to be, was Teenage Caveman. The acting in that movie is quite possibly the worst I have ever seen.

EDIT Draco: Yes Leprechaun in the Hood was awful. What really bothered me about that movie is that it contradicts the precious four. In this one, the Leprechaun is turned into stone in the 70s and is not un-stoned(?) until the nineties. Yet, immediately after he is unstoned, he is able to make a little limerick about Tiger Woods, even though he would have no idea who it was.

I like for movies to try and be consistent, but when errors are this huge, it just completely takes away froma movie (not like any of these movies wouldve been good had they been corrected).

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
While there have been plenty of "good" (err bad) contributions to this thread, my vote goes to the 1983 wonder: Sleepaway Camp.

It basically revolved around an abused young girl who never said a word and looked manish, she starts killing people at the summer camp and in the end she has a penis. It's most disturbing. I really can't get into 80's horror even the Jason, Freddy, Halloween movies just seemed lame.

Another series comes to mind is Leprechaun. They made 5 of these monstrosities. WHY! They were really pushing it when they latest incarnation came out "Leprechaun in the Hood." Someone shoot me.

A horror movie I did like that is fairly recent is "The Relic." A lot of people thought it was crap, but I enjoyed it.