What's the video card setting for sleep/hibernate/screen saver?

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

Hey, anyone know off hand the setting for sleep or screen saver? I had an ATI 4870 that when it went into sleep or screensaver mode, the screen went jet black (blank) like I wanted. Now, I switched cards to Nvidia and when the screen goes black, I get a neon bright green box in the middle of it that indicates "video signal lost" or something like that. Is there a simple setting I'm missing to fix this? Thanks.

wjgollatz

Oct 1, 2004
On my system, the blank screensaver just puts out a blank screen and the monitor is still getting some sort of output, I do not think the card shuts down at all or stops output. In the power options, if I set to turn off the monitor, it will say it lost signal then the lost signal display would go away but that is the standard way my monitor operates.

Perhaps changing the card changed your screensaver options.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

Yeah, this is odd because I have those settings in check. After 10min, video goes out (blank), and after 30 minutes of inactivity, I have it set to sleep. Which is fine on both counts. But why am I getting the dreaded, ugly, UHF looking Green box and stupide message that doesn't go away. With the ATI card it either went away immeditely or I didn't evn have it there....Couldn't find anything in either display or system settings.