What's the ultimate glam rock/hair band video?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
Ah hell yeah (no pun intended). Show your ages folks...remember "K-Tel Records" commercials? And Stryper was one of them.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Your daily dose of glam.

iirc These guys had the misfortune of appearing on the scene just before Guns and Roses blew the doors off of everything.

JPS35

Apr 9, 2006
Say what you will, but these bands actually wrote songs and played instruments unlike much of the top 40 canned and sampled rap crap today. Besides that, the chicks were hot and the concerts fantastic. Man, I miss the 80s.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Say what you will, but these bands actually wrote songs and played instruments unlike much of the top 40 canned and sampled rap crap today. Besides that, the chicks were hot and the concerts fantastic. Man, I miss the 80s.

Hey, I joke around about these guys but it's all in good fun. You have to admit: some aspects of the era were cheesy.

I was a musician. Still am, always will be. I spent thousands and thousands of hours in the practice room. I know what it takes to achieve a high level on any instrument. It's hard as shit.

Guys like Warren Demartini and Matthias Jabs are incredibly underrated. They might not have the flash of someone like Eddie VH but I always love to hear them play.

Speaking of Matthias Jabs:

Reactions: spacejamz

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I find it's so ridiculous that it's actually awesome. I would love to be in a meeting with those guys when they are coming up with this stuff. I bet they have a lot of fun doing it and probably realize how absurd it is too, and that's why they do it.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
80s metal ... for me .. would be Manowar

Though from that era, I really love early death and black metal pretty much above all else.

JPS35

Apr 9, 2006
Hey, I joke around about these guys but it's all in good fun. You have to admit: some aspects of the era were cheesy.

I was a musician. Still am, always will be. I spent thousands and thousands of hours in the practice room. I know what it takes to achieve a high level on any instrument. It's hard as shit.

Guys like Warren Demartini and Matthias Jabs are incredibly underrated. They might not have the flash of someone like Eddie VH but I always love to hear them play.

Speaking of Matthias Jabs:

No worries on my end. I agree that a lot of it is cheesy and the time period, but thats part of what made it fun. Reagan is president, economy booming, great movies, malls, big everything, kicking the Soviets' ass in the Cold War and Olympics, summer slashers, and the music to rock all night.

Agreed about the talent it takes to create and play music. Too much today is canned, sampled, digitized, electronic, dubbed, auto tuned, lip synced garbage.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Pretty sure this video got the award for "Most likely to induce epileptic seizure"

great band...pretty underrated though..saw them a few times back in their prime...

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Here's a good song from an underrated metal band. Its not really the type of video I was looking for in this thread but I feel like posting it anyway. There's no over-the-top jamming or hair tossing, just beautiful music.

One of the YouTube comments compares it to Pink Floyd, and you know what? I never made that connection in my life but it really does have similarities.