What's the shortest amount of time it took you to

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I got a new pair of cargo shorts last Wednesday. I really liked them and they were really comfortable. Friday night, I ripped about a 1 foot long tear down the right leg. I was leaving the bathroom and one of the pockets go caught on the knob of the cabinet drawer.

I was so pissed. Only had them for 3 days and they are worthless now. Good thing they weren't too expensive, but still...

I've also spilled food on shirts shortly after I got them that caused stains and made them unwearable in public.

I hate when this shit happens.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: pontifex
I got a new pair of cargo shorts last Wednesday. I really liked them and they were really comfortable. Friday night, I ripped about a 1 foot long tear down the right leg. I was leaving the bathroom and one of the pockets go caught on the knob of the cabinet drawer.

I was so pissed. Only had them for 3 days and they are worthless now. Good thing they weren't too expensive, but still...

I've also spilled food on shirts shortly after I got them that caused stains and made them unwearable in public.

I hate when this shit happens.

I hear you on that. Especially sucks when nice sweaters get ruined by getting caught on sharp objects.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
One time I put a bigass stain in a shirt the very first time I wore it. The worst part was I did it at lunch and had to wear the shirt the rest of the day at work.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
About 10 minutes after I put them on I ruined a pair of pants by ripping a big hole in them getting into my car. That is probably the quickest for me.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: ggnl
One time I put a bigass stain in a shirt the very first time I wore it. The worst part was I did it at lunch and had to wear the shirt the rest of the day at work.

I have had that happen as well.

I think I just need to wear a bib...

Jun 19, 2004
I found a bad ass mechanics jacket on clearance for $6 at Target, last one in my size available. Normally only a $49 jacket, but I'd have never bought it at that price.

Anyway, for some unknown reason I washed the damn thing and it shrunk all to hell. Now I look like Corky wearing a Members Only jacket if I put it on.

Also, a brand new pair of dress shoes I bought for a wedding awhile back have been sitting in my closet ever since. I'm a flip flop guy. So this morning I decide to put them on for work and look sharp but I scuffed the tips up really bad on the brick stairs when I was walking the dog this morning. Buffing will help, but it looks like a deep gouge :(

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
When I was in 10th grade, I bought some new clothes for the the new school year. I bought some fresh new khakis' and a bright white long sleeve shirt with a huge brand name logo on the front of it. I was also wearing some new Nikes. I decided not to change my clothes after school to go "play". I was running in a field with some friends and I ended up slipping and falling into a bunch of mud. Everything I was wearing was covered in mud.

It was horrible.

LeetViet

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2003
I don't remember the shortest but my white shirts seem to mysteriously get -- what looks to be -- sauce stains that won't come out in the wash.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: LeetViet
I don't remember the shortest but my white shirts seem to mysteriously get -- what looks to be -- sauce stains that won't come out in the wash.

yeah, sometimes I find stains on shirts that just seem to mysteriously appear too. happens with other colors than white though. is it something in the washer that does this or what?

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
yeah, sometimes I find stains on shirts that just seem to mysteriously appear too. happens with other colors than white though. is it something in the washer that does this or what?

Not only are there dryer gnomes but also ones that live in the washing machine.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: se7en

Not only are there dryer gnomes but also ones that live in the washing machine.

the sock stealing gnomes are the worst! i hate those little fuckers!

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Back in grade 11 I went on a ski trip to Mont. Ste Anne in Quebec. I had bought a pair of Buffalo jeans the week before. One morning my friend woke up and decided to finish a bottle of Lemon Gin for breakfast, and all he ate was a bag of Doritos. He got really smashed and passed out. My suitcase and clothes were laid out on the floor between the bed and the wall. He puked over the side of the bed in his sleep. My jeans were covered in orange chop and I just left them in Quebec - they were ruined.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Well, I just received a jacket from my company signifying 3 years no lost time, and I spilled my complimentary bacon-n-egger on it, and the grease stain might not come out ... all before 8:00 a.m.!

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Patt
Well, I just received a jacket from my company signifying 3 years no lost time, and I spilled my complimentary bacon-n-egger on it, and the grease stain might not come out ... all before 8:00 a.m.!
mmm.... bacon-n-egger... :)

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Wearing new shoes that are less than a week old, and taking the dog out to pee in my backyard, which backs up to woods that are designated a flood plane. Dogs leash pops off, and she bolts into the woods, and I take off in pursuit. After about 100ft, I can hear the ground sloshing under my feet. We then come upon a muddy, 6ft deep creek bed. She jumps into it, and I jump in after her. I sink up to my knees in mud. Shoes weren't really ruined, but I had to throw them in the washing machine, which took the newness right out of them.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, I was on the phone with Bob Saccamano, and I realize right then and there that I need to return this pair of pants. So, I'm off to the store. So I'm waiting for the subway, It's not coming, so I decided to hoof it through the tunnel. Well, I don't know if I lost track of time - or what, but the next thing I knew... I slipped - and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
A few days. I was removing some equipment from a computing rack, turned around, and my pants got caught on a keyboard tray at the pocket. Had to exit the data center with my sweater around my waist.

wampa

Apr 26, 2002
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Well, I was on the phone with Bob Saccamano, and I realize right then and there that I need to return this pair of pants. So, I'm off to the store. So I'm waiting for the subway, It's not coming, so I decided to hoof it through the tunnel. Well, I don't know if I lost track of time - or what, but the next thing I knew... I slipped - and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return.

I don't understand.. you were wearing the pants you were returning? What were you gonna wear on the way back? :thumbsup:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Cut open the bag holding the shirt, slicing the shirt in the process...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: K1052
Originally posted by: sdifox
Cut open the bag holding the shirt, slicing the shirt in the process...

yep

me as well. That was so embarrassing and no one was even around.

This makes me feel a lot better. I am seriously lacking on the hand-eye coordination department. I have trouble walking around corners... As in leaving enough room so that I don't hit the cubicle wall with my shoulder.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
short pockets on a knob suck. I had a few pairs that would catch on things just like that...I tossed them as they were freaking liabilities to wear.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
New shirt.
Washed it, put in dryer on wrong setting.
Burned a large area on it :(
Never got to wear it.