whats the point of small pets?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
I don't have turtles any more. I managed to kill 2 of them :(

My dad had a turtle he found in the wild when he was a kid. He had it swimming in the ditch outside (it was happy there). He forgot to take it out one cold winter night, and the ditch froze solid. You could look down into the ice and see the turtle frozen in there.

It thawed out, and went on to continue living a happy life.

I believe that makes my dad the first person to investigate Cryogenics :D

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Oh yeah, and in response to the title of the thread:

I prefer small pets. They don't get in the way, and are often much cleaner than the big ones.

And I'm not talking small like turtles. That's too small. I'm talking like cats and small dogs.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
i wanna get a pet so bad (a dog, specifically) but ecept my dad, the rest of the household is against it :(

we only have 1 fish now, our other one died like a couple of weeks or a month ago, and the third one died like a year ago

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: FSUpaintball
Oh yeah, and in response to the title of the thread:

I prefer small pets. They don't get in the way, and are often much cleaner than the big ones.

And I'm not talking small like turtles. That's too small. I'm talking like cats and small dogs.

yeah i like things at least the size of my hand...

hmm im trying to upload some pics, but the computer im on doesnt have an ftp program except dos and when i try PUT it does, but it doesnt come up when i try and load it as a picture..hmm

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
whats the point of small pets?

I've always wondered, what's the point of having a dog that all you do is put outside and have bark all night. Oh, I guess I should ask my neighbors :0

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Small dogs are just annoying. What are they going to do.. nibble at the robber. Sometimes I feel like kicking my friends Chichuaha across teh room because it just bothers you with its high pitched bark.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I've heard of those things growing and eating everything in the tank..if there in water they need a little island to rest.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Little pets are just food for bigger pets.

very true... I use to have some red ear slider turtles, kept them in the back yard with a cover over the tank. My dog broke the cover one day and ate them.. So Sad :(

Edit: those look like the red ear slider turtles I use to have.. can't really see the head clearly but if they have a red mark on both sides of their heads its a red ear slider... Some pet shop told me they're illegal to sell (maybe own?) if they're smaller than 3 inches in diametere? I dunno the dude was whacko... Hehe have fun taking care of those guys.

Bollocks

Banned
Aug 20, 2002
small pets make good target practice

you can also have sex with them when you are lonely...

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Bollocks
small pets make good target practice

you can also have sex with them when you are lonely...

WTF? you arent that desperate yet, are you?

My next door neighbors chihuahua was killed by 2 pit bulls last weekend. Apparently (I was sleeping, this was at like 8 in the morning) the chihuahua was running around the small area i front of our house, and it wandered a couple of houses down into a fenced yard that was left open. I dont know if the pit bulls were chained or not, but they chased the dog around and pinned him to the ground. My sister said that the pits didnt bite the chihuahua but that i probably died from fright or suffocating or something. I say its my next door neighbors fault. They are complete idiots. They left a small puppy (another dog) in the pouring rain during a thunderstorm a couple of years back. That poor pup was sitting and crying in the rain for like 3 hours before my dad came home and realized the irresposibility of the idiots. He went to their house and told them they shouldnt be doing that crap to such a small animal. The neighbor's excuse? "Oh, we didnt know it was out there". :disgust:

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: HiTek21
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Little pets are just food for bigger pets.

very true... I use to have some red ear slider turtles, kept them in the back yard with a cover over the tank. My dog broke the cover one day and ate them.. So Sad :(

Edit: those look like the red ear slider turtles I use to have.. can't really see the head clearly but if they have a red mark on both sides of their heads its a red ear slider... Some pet shop told me they're illegal to sell (maybe own?) if they're smaller than 3 inches in diametere? I dunno the dude was whacko... Hehe have fun taking care of those guys.

yeah they got red on the sides of their head....

thats all i need illegal turtles...

maybe this is her way of offing me, killing me with salmonila or if not getting me arrested