What's the next Minecraft?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Lol, someone didn't get the memo on what Minecraft is all about.

He is not complaining about Minecraft, he is more complaining about all the "me too" clones that will follow and fail, thus diverting resources that could have been spent on something other than a clone of a game and not giving publishers another reason to blame piracy for them putting out garbage.

See the MMO industry before and after WoW. There were some original, great ideas before WoW. Now, all we get is WoW clones; which fail, btw.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
He is not complaining about Minecraft, he is more complaining about all the "me too" clones that will follow and fail, thus diverting resources that could have been spent on something other than a clone of a game and not giving publishers another reason to blame piracy for them putting out garbage.

See the MMO industry before and after WoW. There were some original, great ideas before WoW. Now, all we get is WoW clones; which fail, btw.

I think his statement reads more as a complaint about Minecraft.

Mar 10, 2005
what is the next minecraft?

minecraft 1.7. if you want better looks, add a hi-res texture/resource pack (free). if you want a heavily modded minecraft, wait for the feed the beast modpack to include the new and super delayed redpower.

cubeworld looks great, but is actually extremely boring.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
what is the next minecraft?

minecraft 1.7. if you want better looks, add a hi-res texture/resource pack (free). if you want a heavily modded minecraft, wait for the feed the beast modpack to include the new and super delayed redpower.

cubeworld looks great, but is actually extremely boring.
High resolution resource pack, Shaders, Matmos, Presence footsteps, Better grass and leaves.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Play a tekkit mod or somesuch!

Some of the stuff you can build in those is incredible.

Setting up a automatic mine that transfers what it gets in various chests depending how you set up the sorting then using them to automatically build a preset building is huge.

Not to mention automatic farms and setting up unlimited power systems, just be careful if you use nuclear power as it can cause huge explosions, to run them and a ton of other stuff can make some fantastic creations.