whats the dumbest thing you ever did?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: JonnyBlaze
told my girlfriend about all the times i cheated

never ever do that!!!!

JB

never ever do what? tell her you cheated again? or cheat on her again?

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
ah the silly thing we do as kids...
'98
was having an across the street snowball fight. accidentally hit a cop's cruiser with a snowball. cop stopped and we bolted!

'95
friend dared me to moon cars passing by. did so, but apparantly i mooned the neighborhood bully. he chased me down and gave me a good beating

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I almost became a Darwin Award candidate.

Several years ago, after a big storm, an old cypress tree on our property had a limb fall off of it. The only problem was the limb was somehow still attached to the tree by a thin sliver of bark. The attaching bark was out of my reach, and I didn't feel like walking back up to the house to get the appropriate tool to saw it apart. So, with the dull hatchet that I had brought with me I decided that I could Apache the limb off if I threw the hatchet at just the right spot. I backed up a few paces to what I considered a safe distance and let it fly.

The good news: I hit the tree at exactly the point I had been aiming for.
The bad news: The hatchet was now bouncing right back in the direction of my head.

My reflexes are usually not that fast, but in this case before my brain even comprehended what was going on my legs just went limp and I fell to the ground while the hatchet passed right where my head had been.

Yeah, I do incredibly stupid things sometimes.

Oh, and the limb still didn't fall off the tree.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Balt
I almost became a Darwin Award candidate.

Several years ago, after a big storm, an old cypress tree on our property had a limb fall off of it. The only problem was the limb was somehow still attached to the tree by a thin sliver of bark. The attaching bark was out of my reach, and I didn't feel like walking back up to the house to get the appropriate tool to saw it apart. So, with the dull hatchet that I had brought with me I decided that I could Apache the limb off if I threw the hatchet at just the right spot. I backed up a few paces to what I considered a safe distance and let it fly.

The good news: I hit the tree at exactly the point I had been aiming for.
The bad news: The hatchet was now bouncing right back in the direction of my head.

My reflexes are usually not that fast, but in this case before my brain even comprehended what was going on my legs just went limp and I fell to the ground while the hatchet passed right where my head had been.

Yeah, I do incredibly stupid things sometimes.

Oh, and the limb still didn't fall off the tree.

OMG, LOL. Sorry to laugh at your near death experience, but that was funny.

vegeto456

Dec 18, 2002
Oh man. Driving home from school with 3 of my friends when i was 16, I swerved at this big ol mexican guy who was j-walking. So we're all laughing and all of a sudden right behind me is the mexican guy honking his horn. We were all scared sh!tless. So we drove to the nearest police station and parked. And he drove off.
Moral of the story: NEVER FVCK WITH M3XIC4NS

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Walked out onto the middle of a small one lane bridge while water was coming across the top of it from Hurricane Agnes. Went back the next morning and the bridge was gone.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: vegeto456
Oh man. Driving home from school with 3 of my friends when i was 16, I swerved at this big ol mexican guy who was j-walking. So we're all laughing and all of a sudden right behind me is the mexican guy honking his horn. We were all scared sh!tless. So we drove to the nearest police station and parked. And he drove off.

Yes, because only M3XIC4NS suffer from road rage. Moron.

KnightGalahad

Jun 17, 2003
Feel in love with a girl online (Her in Oregon, me in NYC), and then she broke up with me 3 years later, (after only meeting once for 4 days). Then watch her preceed to meet a new guy online, move in with him (He lives in NJ), and then get engaged to him.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: vegeto456

He should have gone into the police station and sworn out a complaint against you for assualt with a deadly weapon.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: KnightGalahad
Feel in love with a girl online (Her in Oregon, me in NYC), and then she broke up with me 3 years later, (after only meeting once for 4 days). Then watch her preceed to meet a new guy online, move in with him (He lives in NJ), and then get engaged to him.

that is some stupid sh!t.

KnightGalahad

Jun 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Rufio
Originally posted by: KnightGalahad

that is some stupid sh!t.

I probably should have also mentioned that the amount of time between meeting this new guy and the engagement was about 6-8 months

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I'd have to say the stupidest thing I've done was hook up with the best friends girl friend when we were both drunk then hiding it then him finding out and fvcking up or life long friend ship over something so unmeaningful to me. Good leason though, I never put myself in a situation anymore where I may be getting drunk with a friends gf/so.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: blazert40
I'd have to say the stupidest thing I've done was hook up with the best friends girl friend when we were both drunk then hiding it then him finding out and fvcking up or life long friend ship over something so unmeaningful to me. Good leason though, I never put myself in a situation anymore where I may be getting drunk with a friends gf/so.

did he kick your ass?

Kenny1234

Aug 31, 2003
I let my friend drive my my golf cart. He decides to go backwards at full spped down a hill. Right before the bottom he brakes and turns the wheel as hard as he can. I turn around and see the golf cart in the middle of a barrel roll.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
nope, no ass kicking it takes two to tango buddy, luckly he realized that its not totally my fault, and in fack she did take advantage of me and I learned later on that she had cheated on him with others many times. She's a dumb hoe.

Mar 15, 2003
Short ciruited three soda machines in one of the most prestigious high schools in NYC....
Wrote a threatening love/hate letter to a teacher at one of the most prestigious high schools in NYC....
Getting expelled from one of the most prestigious high schools in NYC...

I was an idiot.... :(