whats the dumbest or weirdest thing you've done in the two year lockdown?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm not an exciting person. Most I've done is sat around in my boxers while watching TV, to save money on air conditioning. Also rearranged the boxes downstairs several times, and the living room. I briefly considered taking a road trip to nowhere, then realized I hate driving and probably shouldnt piss away money on hotel rooms. Thought about getting a cat, but I dont know when I'm going to sell my house and move, and pets are extra responsibility and not a great idea during transitions.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I do dumb and weird stuff all the time, can’t think of anything specifically to do with the lockdown.

I guess making the other men in an airport restroom extremely uncomfortable might qualify. All I said was, “You never realize how much your pee sprays until you wear a paper mask at the urinal.”

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I didn't have a lockdown. I did all the same stuff I always did, but with fewer dickheads getting in my way. 2020 was wonderful.
I did have a lockdown. My neighbor bought all my food and delivered it to my porch. I'd paypal her. I finally got out of the house when I started skating daily.

Just fixing my refrigerator the last few weeks was pretty weird. I bought it a few weeks after buying my house outright in 2000 (damn banker pulled the rug out from under my mortgage application, the liar!). Spent my last $1000 on that new (well, unboxed) fridge, and the only decent one I'd ever used except when I was living with my parents. Most people would have given up on a 21 year old fridge, but not this stubborn SOB, no sir. :D I guessed right that it was the thermostat that wasn't working and ordered a replacement. Took a week to get here and meantime I was on pins and needles worrying all my food would spoil --20+ cubic feet of my precious food. OK, there was a lot of air in there too. But it seems I've saved my fridge for now. Spent the day calibrating my 8 thermometers, leveling the fridge, skating the streets and baking the most awesome of pizzas.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I decided I would keep all the beer bottle caps and wine corks from alcohol we consumed during the pandemic. Turns out it is going to be a tad larger of a collection than anticipated

Cant think of anything else although I'm sure my wife can come up several dumb things I've done if I ask

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm in the "does weird shit all the time anyway" camp as well so I really didn't do a whole lot out of the ordinary.

Only difference was I did nearly all of it alone during the time I actually was locked down since I live by myself.

Note however that I never did really "lock down" to the point that I didn't leave my house at all. I did all my own shopping and got out for daily walks, I just avoided large grocery stores or anywhere else there was a crowd and ate a lot more delivery-food.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I didn't have a lockdown. I did all the same stuff I always did, but with fewer dickheads getting in my way. 2020 was wonderful.

Same here...more or less. Had to put on a face diaper to go everywhere...but we still went.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
picked up a bunch of weird habits like in the TV show monk

i can't open the mail without washing my hands afterwards now

i can't walk past people in public without holding my breath

i can't eat at a restaurant anymore

i can't take trips that require me to stay somewhere overnight

• Haha
Reactions: Captante
Nov 17, 2019
No change here. For the last 10 years at least, I only go to town a couple of times a month, usually early weekday mornings when there is no crowd, often there before the store opens and sometimes the only customer in the store.

I rarely, if ever go to any kind of medical facility. The only change might be that I didn't do any annual checkup visits other than dental, but I wasn't regular about those anyways. And Dental, they gotta be in your face to begin with, so none of that 'stuff' applies.