What's the difference between Democrats and Republicans on the take?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BBond
Read it. Refute it if you can. You can't. So you make juvenile attempts to evade the truth about your idols while they continue on their corrupt, war-profiteering paths.
LMAO! It's so funny how one of the favorite debate tactics here is accusing your opponent of doing exactly what you are doing. The thread topic is about Democratic Rep. William Jefferson, not Halliburton. You should quit evading that. If you wish to discuss Halliburton, by all means start another thread. They're crooks, I agree. But so is William Jefferson.

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
Read it. Refute it if you can. You can't. So you make juvenile attempts to evade the truth about your idols while they continue on their corrupt, war-profiteering paths.
LMAO! It's so funny how one of the favorite debate tactics here is accusing your opponent of doing exactly what you are doing. The thread topic is about Democratic Rep. William Jefferson, not Halliburton. You should quit evading that. If you wish to discuss Halliburton, by all means start another thread. They're crooks, I agree. But so is William Jefferson.

Genx clearly posted erroneous information. He claimed that the no-bid contracts given to Halliburton were from the Clinton era when they are CLEARLY from dick cheney and his stint as SoD when he inititated the LOGCAP program.

Now, instead of evading the facts, why don't you just admit that Genx is completely wrong?

DickFnTracy

Banned
Dec 8, 2005

Genx clearly posted erroneous information. He claimed that the no-bid contracts given to Halliburton were from the Clinton era when they are CLEARLY from dick cheney and his stint as SoD when he inititated the LOGCAP program.

Now, instead of evading the facts, why don't you just admit that Genx is completely wrong?

LOGCAP was started in 1985. Why don't get off the HaliburtonWatch page and actually read something that is factual instead of what you want to read. Ignorant old woman.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So it's illegal to keep money at home ? or just illegal to keep it in the freezer ?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

While I'm the first to admit being caught on video taking $100K from the FBI never looks good from a legal stand-point, you have to admit that Jefferson is innocent until proven guilty, yeah? I'm interested in hearing his side of the story, you know, the one where he explains the "legitimate reason" he was taking that cash. Heh, if I can keep from laughing myself off the couch while hearing it that is.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
On the take, off the take.... no real difference

Same agenda, different bullet points

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Originally posted by: DickFnTracy

LOGCAP was started in 1985. Why don't get off the HaliburtonWatch page and actually read something that is factual instead of what you want to read. Ignorant old woman.

... Yay for making anything you've ever said and you'll ever say bunk.

Edit: GAH! What a waste of my 1337 post.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy
sadly the goverment is overun by politicians with there hands out waiting to take bribes. Its not a republican or democrate thing. This should be something all US citizins are concerned about.

If politicans did what was good for the nation instead of what was good for them this nation would be a heck of a lot better. Right now you have Company's buying senators and makeing laws and changing others to suit them.

Now you have a presidant starting wars to increase oil supply (wich oddly his "friends" get contracts for) and rebuilding.

i really hope they clear them all out. i have a feeling if (since they wont) they do they will find it goes all teh way up.

:thumbsup: