Whats the deal with Mexicans and riced(beaned) out pick-ups?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
i would say its a nationwide cultural thing. i work sundays and the office parking lot is used by a catholic church. the second church session of the day is mostly hispanics and there are plenty of 'beaned' out trucks and cars. :Q

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: troytime
i'm also from northern illinois, and EVERY time i see a truck with the little wheels mounted backwards i must check to see if it's a mexican

and EVERY TIME....it is

makes me want to put a big southwestern vinyl decal on my back window, with LaTroyTime in giant gothic letters above it - just to mess with people as they drive by checking to see if I'M mexican

Heh, I do the same thing. I dont know whether I want to see someone other than a Mexican driving, or whether I deep down want to a see a Mexican so the stereotype rings true.

KaChow

Nov 21, 2006
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Originally posted by: buzzsaw13
Originally posted by: nick1985
Do they do this in other parts of the country, or is it just Chicagoland that is plagued with riced-out pickups with latinos at the helm?

It's pretty common here in California to see Hispanics driving riced out trucks/anything.

It's not a new thing here either. They've been doing it for at least the last 20 years.

Absolutely. I remember when the Nissan Hardbody-style trucks came out for the 1986.5 model year. I couldn't drive more than one block without seeing one of those suckers slammed with all of the details the OP mentioned.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by: bonkers325
because mexicans LOVE rice. especially with beans. mmmm, rice and beans.

I propose that we no longer call it "riced out" when it pertains to Hispanics. We should call it "beaned out", as in "LOL, did you see that beaned out truck".

/Yes, I'm Hispanic.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985
Do they do this in other parts of the country, or is it just Chicagoland that is plagued with riced-out pickups with latinos at the helm?

I've seen the exact same thing in both Colorado and Florida.

Just the same that if you see a crown vic, raised on 24" spinners with a bright paint color and tinted windows...98% chance the driver is black. I've yet to see a minority driver in a riced out Dodge Neon. It's not racist, it's just the truth.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Same thing in Tennessee (since I don't want to generalize to the whole state, I will list TN cities in which I have experienced this: Nashville, Knoxville, Jackson, Memphis, Clarksville, Cookeville, Sparta, Franklin, Brentwood, Philedelphia, Cleveland, Chattanooga, Bucksnort, Gallatin, Bellevue, Antioch, Smyrna, and Murfreesboro.)

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
Same thing in Tennessee (since I don't want to generalize to the whole state, I will list TN cities in which I have experienced this: Nashville, Knoxville, Jackson, Memphis, Clarksville, Cookeville, Sparta, Franklin, Brentwood, Philedelphia, Cleveland, Chattanooga, Bucksnort, Gallatin, Bellevue, Antioch, Smyrna, and Murfreesboro.)
bucksnort TN? are you serious?

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: alien42

Yes, I am.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

LOL :laugh:

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Wait a sec... You guys have never heard of lowriders? Pretty common. I think they even made a song about it. ;)

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
Wait a sec... You guys have never heard of lowriders? Pretty common. I think they even made a song about it. ;)

The song gets it right too........ Low-Ri-DUH!

Aug 23, 2000
I think it's because the manufactures of those parts only buy the mailing lists of Mexicans and send them the quarterly catolougs.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
I think it's because the manufactures of those parts only buy the mailing lists of Mexicans and send them the quarterly catolougs.

So they get the Pep-Boys catalogue?

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Originally posted by: bonkers325
because mexicans LOVE rice. especially with beans. mmmm, rice and beans.

I propose that we no longer call it "riced out" when it pertains to Hispanics. We should call it "beaned out", as in "LOL, did you see that beaned out truck".

/Yes, I'm Hispanic.

im hispanic too, we have called it beaned out for a decade or more... here the trend is moving to small trucks not lowered sitting on 22's. it actually looks pretty dumb. my fave was this illegal i used to see every friday nite back when i wa 19 or so and worked at a gas station. he would pull in with this old matador painted orange with white trim, not lowered with 11" gold daytons on it. foil on the back, orange tint and dingle balls around all the windows. fuzzy dash with a mary statue in the middle of the dash. i always wanted to take a picture of it, but the guy was an asshole. he tried to act all gangsta all the time. id have probably pushed the matter, but he always had 2 other cars full of friends with him. im not that crazy.

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Interesting that this thread continues to exist while the discussion about Ebonics got canned and the Mod went into some self-righteous rant about how anything even vaguely racist will not be tolerated here (which the Ebonics thread wasn't, incidentally)

Mod accountability FTW!!!!111ELEVEN

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Interesting that this thread continues to exist while the discussion about Ebonics got canned and the Mod went into some self-righteous rant about how anything even vaguely racist will not be tolerated here (which the Ebonics thread wasn't, incidentally)

Mod accountability FTW!!!!111ELEVEN

Your agent's acountablility is revoked.
Bollocks on Ebonics! (Sean Connery voice) :laugh:

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

Yes, I am.

Ah, good old Bucksnort. I drove through a time or two when I lived in Nashville.