What's the cheapest fast food chain?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
my first guess would have been taco bell -- never heard of del taco before. west coast chain?

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Originally posted by: KLin
They closed down the del taco nearest to me. Damn economy.

Personally, I dont think your missing much.

I like a lot of fast food. Del Taco is somewhere ive only been to twice, its not something I miss.

I would take taco bell over del taco.

IDK where they are mainly based. They have them in Utah, thats all I know.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
mcdonalds dollar menu is the best bang for the buck in terms of how much food you can get. sure taco bell has cheaper things than $1 but its not as much food as mcdonald's $1 double cheeseburger or mcchicken

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: CTrain
Probably Checkers.

Yup, I love that place. Too bad the don't have them here in Oregon. I've only seen them in Florida and I only go there once a year... *sigh*

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Once you start to buy sodas and the other goodies I feel they all come out about the same.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Cabages
Originally posted by: KLin
They closed down the del taco nearest to me. Damn economy.

Personally, I dont think your missing much.

I like a lot of fast food. Del Taco is somewhere ive only been to twice, its not something I miss.

I would take taco bell over del taco.

IDK where they are mainly based. They have them in Utah, thats all I know.

I agree :p. I didn't eat there often. I eat way too much fast food as it is.

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
McDonald's dollar menu and water. It's a little healthier and much cheaper than dollar menu plus soda.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
mcdonalds dollar menu is the best bang for the buck in terms of how much food you can get. sure taco bell has cheaper things than $1 but its not as much food as mcdonald's $1 double cheeseburger or mcchicken

The new-ish cheesy double beef burrito at Taco Bell gives it a run for the money.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
All you people saying taco bell aren't taking into account that you have to buy new underwear after eating there

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: sonambulo
All you people saying taco bell aren't taking into account that you have to buy new underwear after eating there

I lol'd at that one. I've got an iron stomach so I've never gotten sick from Taco Bell but I imagine it's mainly because I eat there so rarely...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Del Taco doesnt have as much good stuff as Taco Bell, but there are a couple of things they have which I like more.
Their Quesadillas are far superior.
As are their Burritos. You can choose large or small, red or green.

But overall I am fine with Taco Bell, provided I can get back to my toilet in time.
Also, they are the only chain who's got Moutain Dew Baja Blast. I love that shit. Dont give a damn what the rest of you think but I love it.
I also like their cheese roll ups, but they arent as good as their cheeseritos. Those things were awesome, havent seen them in years.

My dad said they used to have a Bell Burger way back in the day. Thats the only thing he liked.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Quantity = Taco Bell

Quality = Wendys

Quality? We're talking about fast food.

Also, wasn't it Wendy's that had the "where's the beef?" commercials about 2 decades ago? My wife picked up a burger from there yesterday for me. It was about the size of a silver dollar, and maybe 2 silver dollars thick. I couldn't taste it over the taste of the bun.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Taco Time is cheaper than Taco Bell, but their food is craptasticly worse than Taco Bell if you can imagine that.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Quantity = Taco Bell

Quality = Wendys

Quality? We're talking about fast food.

Also, wasn't it Wendy's that had the "where's the beef?" commercials about 2 decades ago? My wife picked up a burger from there yesterday for me. It was about the size of a silver dollar, and maybe 2 silver dollars thick. I couldn't taste it over the taste of the bun.

You get what you pay for. Which in your case was likely a jr. hamburger for 0.99.

Get a Classic double and see if you can taste the beef.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: schneiderguy

where on earth does a mcchicken count as 'much food'