What's the best way to earn a high amount of interest and keep the funds liquid at the same time?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
I have a sum of $$ (5 to 30k) sitting in a savings account thats collecting .4% interest or something. I'm wondering what's the best place I can store it and earn a high amount of interest?

I already have an ING direct account. I've looked at Presidential Premier Savings (3.87% apy) but I don't like the fact that they can't initiate electronic bank transfers, meaning I'll have to make my deposits with checks.

I've also looked at UFB Direct and Emigrant and they offer 3.8% and 3.5% apy respectively and I'm considering those. I don't think UFB offers electronic bank transfers (unless wire transfers qualify?).

I've also considered using ING as a middleman to transfer to other higher yield savings accounts but apparently I'll need the routing # to link the account and I have no idea where to get that from a savings account.

Any ideas?

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i'd say drug dealing

EDIT: In all seriousness i'd get some index from the S&P 500. Unless that is not liquid enough for you.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
you are not going to be those rates anywhere without going to something non-liquid (CD)

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
Originally posted by: FleshLight
I've also considered using ING as a middleman to transfer to other higher yield savings accounts but apparently I'll need the routing # to link the account and I have no idea where to get that from a savings account.

Any ideas?

ING's routing number is: 031176110