What's the best thing to take to help you sleep through the night?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
I would suggest

-read some books
-sex
-hard drinks (a little glass)
-light excerise
-just read some messages from anandtech
but never depand on any kind of sleeping pills....not recommanded

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Thanks for the responses guys! I think I'll try the Valerian Root -- I've already tried most of the other things mentioned, but I've never gone for an herbal suppliment before. GNC, here I come! :)

ThunderGirl

Aug 17, 2001
Have new wife give you a massage to relax you.

Sex

Prayer, more prayer for a good nights sleep.. depending on severity of lack of sleep maybe even a blessing?

Watch a boring movie, listen to piano music, or like yanni or something to put you to sleep.

Meditation works good.

Ambien and that can be addicting so becareful. Also want to make sure what you are using keeps you Temple Worthy.

Just my .02

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Originally posted by: ThunderGirl
Have new wife give you a massage to relax you.
Prayer, more prayer for a good nights sleep.. depending on severity of lack of sleep maybe even a blessing?

Good stuff to keep in mind -- thanks! :)

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah I'm a big advocate of excercise and finish it off with some good ole' masturbation once in bed. Or Sex if that's available to you.

Also, don't eat real heavy/fatty foods before bed, that can be a real sleep inhibitor.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm gonna go pretty much with Electrie Amish. I have an infallable way to get to sleep and it works in about 3 minutes almost before I can lay an hand on my beautiful imaginary playmate. I don't go to bed untill I can't stay awake any longer.