• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question What's the best RAM for a 3600 XT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hans Gruber

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2006
@kawi6rr

Sounds like a solid plan. Also might be a good idea to see how UEFI support for Zen3/Vermeer shakes out in October. Some boards may do a really good job of supporting it. Some, not so much. We'll see!

@blckgrffn

Hope it helped. BTW, for you (or anyone else) who looked at that kit @Massive79 posted . . . and to expand on what @BTRY B 529th FA BN posted:

That kit is beastly. If you have the money and don't care about the aesthetics, heck yea get that. It's Samsung b-die in all its glory, and it's tuned out-of-the-box to be in the range that you want for Matisse (Vermeer? Who knows?). But. You may have some issues getting that kit to work perfectly on a board that is daisy chain versus T-topology. Whereas the Micron e-die kits (and also Hynix CJR kits) that are 2x16GB should work quite well - if not better - on daisy chain boards versus T-topology. And most x570 boards are daisy chain I think, except for some of the cheaper ones.

Something to think about.

Also it's not red-themed so blah.
This is the kit I got for Zen 3 a few months ago. I have 32GB 4x8GB sticks of of CJR DDR4 3600 sitting in a drawer for my current build. Either one should work well with Zen 3. The E-die is 16GB sticks.

Reactions: Drazick

ASK THE COMMUNITY