what's the best mod chip for xbox?

MaxFusion16

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2001
i just got my xbox and it's soooo cool, i love it. I want to mod it so i can do more with it. So what's the best mod chip right now? I'd like something cheap to tie me over till the release of x3. soldering is fine for me. Since i just got my xbox, i think it's either a 1.4 or 1.5.

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
They are all the same. Install the chip, play your backups and games off a 250gb hard drive. Fun!

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: phatj
They are all the same. Install the chip, play your backups and games off a 250gb hard drive. Fun!
They're not all the same. Some take bios updates via USB, some aren't compatible with 1.4/1.5 boxes, some store multiple bios, some are pogo pin some are solder.

MaxFusion16

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2001
does anyone know if the aladdin works with 1.5? I read that it should be compatible, but people are having problem with it, no one has yet to make it work with a 1.5.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MaxFusion16
does anyone know if the aladdin works with 1.5? I read that it should be compatible, but people are having problem with it, no one has yet to make it work with a 1.5.
Is it just me or did you just answer your own question? Seriously, there's 1000x more people @ xbox-scene than here that could tell you these things.

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: phatj
They're not all the same. Some take bios updates via USB, some aren't compatible with 1.4/1.5 boxes, some store multiple bios, some are pogo pin some are solder.

They are all the same in terms of functionality. Whether you have to solder, like a xecuter, or just align with the pogo pin like the matrix, all of them will let you run unsigned code, play games off the hdd, and play backups on dvd disks.

Just get the cheapest one you can afford (that you are able to install and is compatible with ur version).