What's the best looking car to come out of Japan, America, Europe?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Haircut
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Europe: Ferrari 275 GTB
USA: 427 Cobra
Japan: Nothing
I would consider the Cobra, especially the design, to be European rather than American

The body was built in England. It was shipped to the US where it was assembled with an American drivetrain by an American company and sold by American dealerships. That's a US car in my book. Try to find any car that 100% a product of it's country of origin and uses no imported parts. Pretty hard to do.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Haircut
Europe: Ferrari 275 GTB
USA: 427 Cobra
Japan: Nothing
I would consider the Cobra, especially the design, to be European rather than American

The body was built in England. It was shipped to the US where it was assembled with an American drivetrain by an American company and sold by American dealerships. That's a US car in my book. Try to find any car that 100% a product of it's country of origin and uses no imported parts. Pretty hard to do.

But the design is European not American. It was sold as a British car in England, before American auto companies decided that it would be a good fit for a V8.

The body, suspension, interior, pretty much everything except the engine/tranny is non-American. And since this post was about beautiful cars, and the body is British, this car would be considered European.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
I lust after some of the old Auburn/Cord/ Duesenbergs.
I think this is a very late 20s - early 30s Deusenberg SJ

Text

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
1929 Duesenberg Model J

McLaren F1

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

Honerable mention:
mid '60s Corvette w/ big block hood and the side exhausts w/ the header pipes visible.

Best car that should have been:
Dodge concept Charger. Never had a chance, but should've been in the show room.

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
I have to vote for the Shelby Mustang GT500

[url]http://www.nvsaac.com/photogallery/images/1967/500/67GT500_1.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.sandersonsales.com/images/gt500e/productionprocess/finished.jpg[/url]

Some specs for the SuperSnake:
<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ffffff>ine</FONT>
<LI><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shelby Vortech® Supercharger, provides 750 HP </FONT>
<LI><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Visteon® F75U high torque starter</FONT>
<LI><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">8 Quart Canton® oil pan, pick up tube, dip stick </FONT>
<LI><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shelby trim valve covers and air cleaner</FONT>
<LI><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">85</FONT><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">0 CFM Holley® Carburetor, Polished single line</FONT>