Whats the best cooling solution for a PC that sits inside a desk ?

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have a home office with two PC , both of which sit inside seperate desk units with a door. What is the best way to keep this setup cool ? The PC's are running ok thus far, but the room does get hot in the summer.

once is in a FAR case from Newegg and the other is in a Lian LI case.

Both have adequate fans, but the area inside the desk unit gets very hot.

Thoughts ?

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Hehehe...cut a hole in the bottom of the desk near the front to allow the PC to suck some air in when the door's closed, perhaps?
If your a craftsman, put some louvers or something on the front of the door?
I assume there's no back on the desk where warm air can escape?

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
cut out square holes just big enough to fit a bunch of 140mm or larger fans in the back of the desk, and replace the front door with a mesh grill to let air in

ed: alternatively you could duct the front door for an intake and outtake duct connected to the intake and outtake vent(s) on your system. might look strange as well but it's probably easier than cutting a hole in the back of your desk lol

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Thanks for the tips, the one issue is that one of the desks has a back side that is open, sort of faces the door as you walk in so a hole on the back is not an optoin for that. The other one faces the wall I put a hole on the back, but still need to see how I can devise a duct or something to draw the air out of there, it seem like its still pretty hot in there.. Are there any specific things made for this kind of setup ?