What's the best cologne?

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
going to buy some cologne some time and wanted opinions. i heard the arma acqua di gio is really good and they just put out that new armani mania...is that any good? i want something that i can wear casually like to school and stuff and also when going out. so...what drives the girls wild

LakerGod

Platinum Member
May 19, 2001
I know girls like the smell of cologne, but I sure as hell don't.

Anybody know any that are mild and light, so that if I do want to impress the ladies I won't pass out from the smell. ;)

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
DKNY for men if you can find it...

Make sure you don't go to one of those cologne/perfume only stores or else they'll show you samples of everything until you vomit

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence
I use Issey Miyake, Aqua de Gio, and D&G. Depends on the situation and my mood.

I agree with the first two but I haven't tried the last.

Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani is awesome.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
my friend had some of that polo sport and i relate it with tacos......i dunno my brain is screwed up, i must of been in a taco place when i smelled that cologne or something.

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
I have a 5 piece mini-set (5-7ml) called Collection Homme, which I simply love. Included are:
- Armani, by Giorgio Armani: Classy, good for the night ... but makes me feel too old.
- Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani: Light, good for wearing it right in the morning.
- Polo by Ralph Lauran: Strong, refined ... also good for the night, but albeit a bit strong for regular use (my bro has the large 100ml version)
- Lanvin L'Homee by Lanvin Paris: Very light, good for those who doesn't want to be noticed yards away.
- Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche: My personal favorite, and probably also for half of the people in these forums. It's mild, can use it any time of the day and the girls go wild.
- Minotaure by Paloma Picasso: Sweet and different, lasts along the day ...

Besides these, I also have:
- Hugo by Hugo Boss: Another favorite ... I don't get tired of wearing it. Lasts a long time, and girls like it also.
- Angel by Thierry Mugler: I think of it as romantic and seduceable, being a little bit sweet (it's strange ... it makes me want to drink it ... which is a good thing: sex apetite! although I never tried :p). Also, comes in a great metal case, making it rechargeable.
- Mambo, Lucky You, Curve and Candie's, from a Liz Clairborne collection. Although these scents are nice, especially Mambo, they last only a couple of hours, contrary to Hugo, which can last almost half a day.
- Black by Ferrari: Nice for going out casually. Not very strong, and still not very sweet.

These are just my opinions ... of course, colognes come down to personal preference. Anyway, these are good ideas if you don't have anywhere to start. I suggest you buying four or five minis and wearing them for a couple of weeks to see which one is best for you.

Kuk