What's the Best Band I've Never Heard of?

Stangs55

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2004
So I stumbled upong Mae: The Everglow a few months back. They're unbelievable. Go to iTunes and check them out. Kind of a mix between Third Eye Blind and....well....I don't know....they're Mae. They've got their own unique sound and I'm addicted.

The thing is, that I've never heard of them before, nor do I know anyone else who has either. What other bands out their (your own band doesn't count) do we need to hear?

For me, it's Lyrics > Sound. But when both deliver....it's wonderful :)

Stangs55

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2004
I've got iTunes pulled up, my Mastercard out....I'm ready....who's it going to be?

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Dave Matthews Band (I hope you heard of them)...
Sound Tribe Sector 9 (My fav song is "Jebez" from Seasons 01...no words, though)
Discobiscuits ("Highwire" is another personal fav)...

DeepBlu

Aug 17, 2004
I love Mae.

In terms of that Alternative Rock genre, I'll throw some names out for you.

Socialburn, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Dropping Daylight, The Academy Is..., Gatsby's American Dream.

Just a bunch off the top of my head.

screwd01

Oct 9, 2004
The Doves
Onesidezero
The Postman Syndrome
Swift
Vaux
Failure
Refused
Reuben
Spoon
31 Knots
Placebo
Nightmare of You

pretty much all different types of music

ucdbiendog

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2001
onesidezero is very awesome. saw them in concert once. i think they opened for linkin park or incubus. also try deftones, but you may have heard of them

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Rage Against the machine
Radiohead
Café Tacuba
Cake
Led Zeppelin
A tribe Called Quest
Foo Fighters
telepopmusick
gorillaz
The rolling stones
wilco
van morrison
moby
steadman
beastie boys
common
aceyalone
de la soul
RJD2
janes addiction
david brubeck
nas
alex cuba band
los lobos
john fogerty ("creedance clearwater")
David Gray
Coldplay
ella fitzgerald
louis armstron
miles davis

jsut a taste....

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
DJ Danger Mouse
And the colaboration, DangerDoom.
Probably have heard of them, but I've been listening to The Grey Album and Mouse and the Mask a lot recently. :p

BTW, wtf is Dave Mathew doing here? Anyone who hasn't heard of them (hard to imagine) is really better off. :p

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: AbAbber2k
DJ Danger Mouse
And the colaboration, DangerDoom.
Probably have heard of them, but I've been listening to The Grey Album and Mouse and the Mask a lot recently. :p

fvking awesome albums

I'm really diggin' 'ghetto pop life' :eek:

Drekce

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Stangs55
So I stumbled upong Mae: The Everglow a few months back. They're unbelievable. Go to iTunes and check them out. Kind of a mix between Third Eye Blind and....well....I don't know....they're Mae. They've got their own unique sound and I'm addicted.

The thing is, that I've never heard of them before, nor do I know anyone else who has either. What other bands out their (your own band doesn't count) do we need to hear?

For me, it's Lyrics > Sound. But when both deliver....it's wonderful :)

How weird...I came into this thread to reccomend Mae to you. "The Everglow" is simply one of the best albums that I have ever heard. Every song on it is good. They are supposed to be re-releasing that album in June along with a DVD. I am going to have to pick it up.

ASK THE COMMUNITY