What's going on with CS:S?

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I haven't played in a few months and for some reason decided I wanted to "enjoy" the FUBAR hit boxes. So I loaded up the game, joined a server and....wala! Nothing. I was able to run around the map, but the scoreboard showed that I was the only one in the server even though when I joined these servers (This happened on 3 different servers) they were almost full. In the upper left of my screen it said something along the lines of "A server at IP: 206.xxx.xxx is attempting to establish a connection. Press F3 to connect".

WTF? I didn't press F3, because I figured something was messed up. It's not a Steam thing as far as I can tell, I can play TF2 just fine with none of these issues.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Some servers will re-direct you to a different server. Some servers will also make it appear like they are almost full when they are not. I'm not sure why they think it's productive, but the best thing to do is just never connect to them again.

I thought Valve had fixed this a while back but I guess it's still a problem. There are plenty of other servers out there that won't pull that kind of crap, though.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Weird. I'm not about to re-direct to some other server...can they run scripts and stuff like that?

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Just find a normal reasonable server...

Some will also redirect to other clan/affiliated servers if the current one is full.

ASK THE COMMUNITY