What's going on in Israel?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
View attachment 45561
check points everywhere, limited movement

just reached 50,000 kids jailed, impressive

Man, those Israelis want to give South Africa a run for their money. Just give them more time.

Reactions: Meghan54

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
A journalist reporting there is just as much a threat to Israel as its adversaries with guns. Many journalists have been killed by Israel over the years.

Their PM Bennet realizing the potential PR disaster blamed it on Palestinian gunmen and provided a video that was quickly debunked by Israeli human rights org B'Tselem.

Btw, the slain reporter was a U.S. citizen of Palestinian origin.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Eventually created a state to save them from persecution after the world looked on in horror at the Nazi holocaust.
Become Nazis and rule through terror.

#stopfundingisrael
Is the state of Israel fascist?

Nov 17, 2019
So, why isn't Israel listed as a terrorist state?

Israeli Police Beat Pallbearers at Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh's Funeral

time.com.ico
Time|35 minutes ago
Israeli riot police on Friday pushed and beat pallbearers at the funeral for slain Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, causing them to briefly drop the casket

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
WaPo: Israeli soldiers' guns confiscated as part of investigation after Al-Jazeera journalist's killing, says Israeli military official

TEL AVIV — A day after a Palestinian American journalist was killed during an Israeli raid in a West Bank city, the Israeli military said that it was investigating the possibility that the fatal shot may have been fired by one of its soldiers, according to an Israel Defense Forces official...

The acknowledgment that one of Israel’s soldiers might have been culpable marked a significant backtrack from Israel’s initial explanation for the shooting — that Abu Akleh was “most likely” hit by fire from Palestinian militants...

I think they are realizing that their earlier lie about Pal militants responsible as untenable.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Rogue Apartheid State Bro

Rogue

Apartheid

State

*e2a*

Attacking the Funeral as well. I guess we can be thankful they didn't use live ammo this time.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Is the state of Israel fascist?

I didn’t mean to imply the government is fascist. Just brutal thugs who have forgotten their own history. As others have pointed out, it’s an apartheid state, a very 'efficient' one.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I didn’t mean to imply the government is fascist. Just brutal thugs who have forgotten their own history. As others have pointed out, it’s an apartheid state, a very 'efficient' one.
Well, the people they've walled off have AFAIK consistently maintained that Israel should not exist and that only Palestinians should live in the territories. So, there is some legitimacy to Israel's policies. The proposition that they have forgotten their own history I can't speak to other than to say it seems far fetched.

Reactions: woolfe9998
Mar 11, 2004
Well, the people they've walled off have AFAIK consistently maintained that Israel should not exist and that only Palestinians should live in the territories. So, there is some legitimacy to Israel's policies. The proposition that they have forgotten their own history I can't speak to other than to say it seems far fetched.

This is bullshit Israeli propaganda. Just like they condemn any group against them as terrorists when they're the ones that helped create them (such as Hamas).

No there isn't.

Ok, so just stick your fingers in your ears, cover your eyes, play stupid all you want. You know you're supposed to also cover your mouth and STFU then, right?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Reactions: KMFJD