What's going on in Israel?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
So you think they should just annex the West Bank to get a better strategic defensive position against a country that’s far inferior in a military sense and totally uninterested in conflict with Israel?
No, I think they are paranoid about this and I also think they should stop bulldozing Arab homes in order to give the land to Israeli families. But every country has it's flaws; we have white supremacists and they have a repressive Apartheid regime. Damnable never ending circles of hate :(.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Gotta love how our media chooses to report on this stuff heh. No problem here....

Yeah, it's quite a whitewash, especially from a news outlet which has been quick to label all kinds of things as hate crimes even where the evidence wasn't clear.

Here's a good editorial also from NYT today about what happened in NY, and unacknowledged problems with anti-semitism on the left.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD
Nov 8, 2012
Yeah, it's quite a whitewash, especially from a news outlet which has been quick to label all kinds of things as hate crimes even where the evidence wasn't clear.

Here's a good editorial also from NYT today about what happened in NY, and unacknowledged problems with anti-semitism on the left.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

NYT seems to do this quite often

lol

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Hmm, what does all this crap remind me of ... :neutral:. Oh yeah, South Africa under Apartheid.
When do we send in UN peace keepers??

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Hmm, what does all this crap remind me of ... :neutral:. Oh yeah, South Africa under Apartheid.
When do we send in UN peace keepers??
Based on the methods employed by the Israeli state, it is very much like the British plantation of Ireland. That real estate scheme resulted in 700+ years (and counting) of human misery.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Based on the methods employed by the Israeli state, it is very much like the British plantation of Ireland. That real estate scheme resulted in 700+ years (and counting) of human misery.
Well, yes. At least in modern times (I don't know the whole history). I thought things were mostly sorted as far as Ireland went (the vast majority of the country achieved independence, IIRC).

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Same shit, different millennium. When are we going to learn?

Good time & question for self reflection. When will you learn that you are wrong?
Repeat after me until it sinks in: AntiZionism is AntiSemitism.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Good time & question for self reflection. When will you learn that you are wrong?
Repeat after me until it sinks in: AntiZionism is AntiSemitism.

Except that Israel is an apartheid state and you are wrong.

Reactions: KMFJD and Meghan54

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Israel is an apartheid terrorist state.

The Palestinians have made their share of mistakes. But Israel is indeed an apartheid terrorist state at this point.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yeah, we get that you guys know how to repeat "apartheid state" that you've heard other Israel hating liberals say thousands of times. Does a single one of you actually want to make a real comparison between the state of Israel and that of apartheid South Africa, with actual historical facts?

You guys are long on strident assertions about Israel and short on facts. So I won't hold my breath.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, we get that you guys know how to repeat "apartheid state" that you've heard other Israel hating liberals say thousands of times. Does a single one of you actually want to make a real comparison between the state of Israel and that of apartheid South Africa, with actual historical facts?

You guys are long on strident assertions about Israel and short on facts. So I won't hold my breath.

no it's not identical to South Africa but it's certainly a segregation and oppression of a people based upon their identity.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
When you blow up buildings housing the most international journalists in Gaza, destroying so much equipment and resources to them, clearly trying to suppress coverage. Arrest journalists and release them on the condition they don't do their jobs, what do you think Israel is doing exactly?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So, uhh, what's this about, anyway?

048c523359bb4313949dcf83995e493e_8.jpeg

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Last edited: