What's going on in Israel?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well, you are quite gullible if you believed it... :rolleyes:

The respective parties are too far apart and too set in their minds to change. Anybody with one good eye and half good sense already knew this.
Really? You mean Trump and Jarad lied again? I guess that's ok with you?

In case you haven't noticed there are a ton of people without one good eye and <half good sense. That's why the country is in the shape it is.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You are suck a fucking moron. Maybe try focusing on reality and you will come off like something a little greater then an utter fool. Here's another article from the Babylon Bee

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a scientific marvel reportedly funded by the Koch brothers, Ted Cruz and John Kasich announced at a press conference Tuesday that they have fused into a single candidate, in what is being seen as a last-ditch effort to deny Donald Trump the Republican nomination.

The new candidate, named Jed Crusich, reportedly came into being by merging the bodies and essences—and voting bases, as the plan certainly goes—of the two former candidates Cruz and Kasich. Also fused are their delegate counts, bringing Crusich to 707—within striking distance of Trump’s 845.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD
Nov 8, 2012
Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

The Babylon Bee is satire, just like The Onion.

Hahahahah nomination for (self) ownage of the year 2021

I know it's satire you imbecile lol. Good to see you you're still at grade-school level reading.

The idiocy is that is literally where we are at with what our news media reports as they continue to just blemish over or not even report on the initial aggressor.

Reactions: pcgeek11
Nov 8, 2012
You are suck a fucking moron. Maybe try focusing on reality and you will come off like something a little greater then an utter fool. Here's another article from the Babylon Bee

Thats a VERY COOL.... entirely irrelevant... whataboutism post lol.

Good to see you can't handle the basics of 5th grade level debate of staying on topic.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Thats a VERY COOL.... entirely irrelevant... whataboutism post lol.

Good to see you can't handle the basics of 5th grade level debate of staying on topic.
You changed the topic from Israel's ongoing violence against the Palestinians to some fantasy you have about the media, you f'in' traitorous moron.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

On a tangent, it's so weird that we live in a world where detailed war footage is shot in real-time HD & presented around the world instantaneously. Like, you can see the insanity of war & the suffering in high-resolution in real-time, and yet there's practically nothing physical we can really do as individuals to help improve the situation.

The world is a nutty place.

1621349771714.png

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I know it's satire you imbecile lol. Good to see you you're still at grade-school level reading.

The idiocy is that is literally where we are at with what our news media reports as they continue to just blemish over or not even report on the initial aggressor.
You don't know truth from fiction how can anyone believe you can discern satire from reality.

Here's what happened. You found a sensationalized headline and just posted without engaging any part of what's left of your brain.

Why don't you move back to your home on troll island.

BTW - What did Neera Tanden do that was corrupt?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Team Treason handles diplomacy about as well as it handles pandemics, so yes people are going to die.

It is the Middle East, people are always "going to die" until the border dispute is settled.

Egypt needs to claim Gaza, and Jordan needs to claim the West Bank. Stop the indiscriminate bombing of Israel, and in return gain a hard border backed by a military. Peace can be achieved if the Palestinians actually wanted that. However, they only exist as a fighting group. If their neighbors don't want to claim or take on the responsibility of the Palestinian terrorists, then that is why they are "walled in" and suffering. Perhaps they should make themselves more appealing (less violent) in the eyes of their only possible benefactors.

There is a "way out", they refuse to take it. A "solution" would involve us organizing the world to get Egypt and Jordan onboard.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It is the Middle East, people are always "going to die" until the border dispute is settled.

Egypt needs to claim Gaza, and Jordan needs to claim the West Bank. Stop the indiscriminate bombing of Israel, and in return gain a hard border backed by a military. Peace can be achieved if the Palestinians actually wanted that. However, they only exist as a fighting group. If their neighbors don't want to claim or take on the responsibility of the Palestinian terrorists, then that is why they are "walled in" and suffering. Perhaps they should make themselves more appealing (less violent) in the eyes of their only possible benefactors.

There is a "way out", they refuse to take it. A "solution" would involve us organizing the world to get Egypt and Jordan onboard.
Or Israel could dismantle its apartheid state and recognize the human and civil rights of all people under its rule.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Doesnt even make sense.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Or Israel could dismantle its apartheid state and recognize the human and civil rights of all people under its rule.

However you want to view Israel, they are not going to accept a solution that ends in the elimination of a Jewish state. They're relatively wealthy and nuclear armed, and in terms of being supported in their right to exist as a Jewish state they have a lot of allies.

I think trying to absorb the West Bank in slow motion is a grievous error on their part and it should be reversed. Gaza and the West Bank should be one or two Palestinian states. However, will the power brokers purporting to represent the Palestinians accept that, assuming Israel did it promptly, in good faith, and stopped meddling? I think even that wouldn't be acceptable and Hamas would still be firing rockets.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
However you want to view Israel, they are not going to accept a solution that ends in the elimination of a Jewish state. They're relatively wealthy and nuclear armed, and in terms of being supported in their right to exist as a Jewish state they have a lot of allies.

I think trying to absorb the West Bank in slow motion is a grievous error on their part and it should be reversed. Gaza and the West Bank should be one or two Palestinian states. However, will the power brokers purporting to represent the Palestinians accept that, assuming Israel did it promptly, in good faith, and stopped meddling? I think even that wouldn't be acceptable and Hamas would still be firing rockets.
Also, the West Bank is of strategic importance to Israel in defending against Jordan. They are not going to give up that high ground unless forced to.

The only country that can likely put enough pressure on Israel to make significant changes would be the US. We could take a long piss on them** and they would become a pariah state (but, we haven't and I've given up hope that we will). Also, any deal would required that Hamas disband.

** Institute a trade embargo with Israel, stop US business from dealing with Israeli businesses, stop supporting Israel with money and weapons. freeze their US assets, and other in kind actions.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Really? You mean Trump and Jarad lied again? I guess that's ok with you?

In case you haven't noticed there are a ton of people without one good eye and <half good sense. That's why the country is in the shape it is.

Jared and Trump are no longer relevant...

This problem has been around forever and isn't going away.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Power differential has nothing to do with it.

Don't shoot rockets at someone that can stomp you in the ground. Not real smart.

Well since all actions in the world can more or less be explained by the path of least resistance, this seems to be an effective to way to make noise and draw in the international community. I mean if you expect to be genocided quietly versus going out with a bang, why not do the latter?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Also, the West Bank is of strategic importance to Israel in defending against Jordan. They are not going to give up that high ground unless forced to.

Jordan is no threat to Israel now or in the foreseeable future, that's a red herring.

Mar 11, 2004
Jordan is no threat to Israel now or in the foreseeable future, that's a red herring.

Wasn't Jordan like the first one to normalize relations with Israel? Maybe its just that the US and Jordan had a pretty solid relations but yeah Jordan hasn't been something to be concerned about in that regard for some time. Although they've got something happening there too, so we'll see. But the entirety of all of it is a sham.

Something that's never mentioned in this stuff is that Israel has been meddling in US politics for longer than basically anyone. Russia basically followed the blueprint. That should give you an idea of the type of shit Israel has been up to in the US. Its also interesting how the Republicans, who spew more anti-Semitism and anti-Russian shit than anyone, happens to be the ones both of them target, leading to weirdly specific ways in defending them (the laws banning boycott of Israel, etc).

Mar 11, 2004

The only country that can likely put enough pressure on Israel to make significant changes would be the US. We could take a long piss on them** and they would become a pariah state (but, we haven't and I've given up hope that we will). Also, any deal would required that Hamas disband.

** Institute a trade embargo with Israel, stop US business from dealing with Israeli businesses, stop supporting Israel with money and weapons. freeze their US assets, and other in kind actions.

I don't think a trade embargo is good, but we absolutely need to put severe conditions on military tech sharing with them.

Unfortunately we can't really just completely stop all of it, as in the vacuum, Russia and/or China will fill the void.

I hope people understand that Israel probably has more advanced (they've been specifically developing it for some time now) cyberwarfare capability than Russia, and they've already shown their politicians' willingness to be unscrupulous (the shit that happened in the UK with Brexit and then the US with Turmp was preceded by what happened in Israel), so expect them to actively try to destabilize politics here. And its gonna cause a shitstorm because of the centuries of anti-Semitic shit, including the recent decades of anti-Semitic conspiracy theory shit.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well since all actions in the world can more or less be explained by the path of least resistance, this seems to be an effective to way to make noise and draw in the international community. I mean if you expect to be genocided quietly versus going out with a bang, why not do the latter?

Well that is their choice to make. I hope they enjoy their pounding.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

The groups have since grown steadily in size, Mr. Schatz said. Some have become so big that they have branched off into local chapters that are dedicated to certain cities and towns. To evade detection by WhatsApp, organizers of the groups are urging people to vet new members, he said.

On Telegram, Israelis have formed roughly 20 channels to commit and plan violence against Palestinians, according to FakeReporter. Much of the content and messaging in those groups imitates what is in the WhatsApp channels.

On one new WhatsApp group that The Times reviewed, “The Revenge Troops,” people recently shared instructions for how to build Molotov cocktails and makeshift explosives. The group asked its 400 members to also provide addresses of Arab-owned businesses that could be targeted.

In another group with just under 100 members, people shared photos of guns, knives and other weapons as they discussed engaging in street combat in mixed Jewish-Arab cities. Another new WhatsApp group was named “The unapologetic right-wing group.”

After participating in attacks, members of the groups posted photos of their exploits and encouraged others to mimic them.

History may not exactly repeat but it sure does rhyme.
A nearly unopposed rightist assault on Israel's Arab citizens seems like a very considerable problem.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
That was 2008, maybe things have changed, but I don't think so. The Israeli military is a bit paranoid, if you haven't noticed.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I don't think a trade embargo is good, but we absolutely need to put severe conditions on military tech sharing with them.

Unfortunately we can't really just completely stop all of it, as in the vacuum, Russia and/or China will fill the void.

I hope people understand that Israel probably has more advanced (they've been specifically developing it for some time now) cyberwarfare capability than Russia, and they've already shown their politicians' willingness to be unscrupulous (the shit that happened in the UK with Brexit and then the US with Turmp was preceded by what happened in Israel), so expect them to actively try to destabilize politics here. And its gonna cause a shitstorm because of the centuries of anti-Semitic shit, including the recent decades of anti-Semitic conspiracy theory shit.
You are correct. I wrote a purposely draconian prescription; "This is what can be done", not what should be done. That said, the present US posture (or lack thereof) isn't going to move the Israeli gov't at all. But, as others have said, this is Apartheid and it requires international condemnation and pressure to motivate change. I also want to stress the need to end Hamas to help avert this cycle of violence. It isn't accomplishing anything and Israel won't tolerate an Iranian supported Jihad in the occupied regions. Finding peace in this region of the world has proved to be shocking difficult over the centuries.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
That was 2008, maybe things have changed, but I don't think so. The Israeli military is a bit paranoid, if you haven't noticed.

So you think they should just annex the West Bank to get a better strategic defensive position against a country that’s far inferior in a military sense and totally uninterested in conflict with Israel?