Whats better than Windows Media Player?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
WMP 11 is much better than before I only watch video using WMP 11 and no audio/music for me because i am hard of hearing.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I use WMP... funny since I'm so anal about music (foobar fanboy), but I don't like VLC and there's really nothing out there that does for video what foobar does for music.

Plus the guy who recommended VLC also recommended iTunes, which tells you something...

Oct 4, 2004
Media Player 11 works fine for me - I like the way it organizes the Library and gives you a neat, visual way to look at your collection. I also have foobar2000 and I use that occasionally - what I like is right-clicking any track/album gives you some very powerful features.

MP11+ffdshow works great for my video needs.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
VLC or MPC for videos, Winamp for music. Perhaps foobar supports VST extensions now, but back in the days Winamp was the first to have that capability so I stuck with it. That + ASIO so I have no reason to switch.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
WMP11 for WMV files.

VLC for Videos and DVDs

And currently I use WMP11 for music...mostly because my whole music collection is in WMA lossless. I'm looking into switching to foorbar2000 but then I'd have to reencode all my music...and with 200+ CD to reencode...I haven't gotten around doing that yet.