What's a very dramatic movie?

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
I need to pick a piece for some speech thing for my school, I have to pick a clip from a dramatic movie, that has like a storyline to it, basically what are some very deep and moving movies? preferrably a piece with a mentally handicapped person in it

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
What's that one movie with that big kid who's dumb and the little kid who can't walk and is going to die but is very smart?

I remember seeing the dumb kid giving the smart kid a piggy back ride on the cover of the movie.

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Yzzim, that would be a perfect piece, oh try to remmeber the name!!! a little help??

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001

<< What's that one movie with that big kid who's dumb and the little kid who can't walk and is going to die but is very smart?

I remember seeing the dumb kid giving the smart kid a piggy back ride on the cover of the movie.
>>

E.T.
yeah, that was it

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000

<<

<< What's that one movie with that big kid who's dumb and the little kid who can't walk and is going to die but is very smart?

>>

E.T.
yeah, that was it
>>

No.

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001

<< fight club

here's a google search for "fight club" quotes to get you started.

And remember, you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake! :D
>>

yeah, fight club would be good!

You are not your jobs, or how much money you have in the bank!

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001

<<

<<

>>

E.T.
yeah, that was it
>>

No.
>>

are you sure?
wait, simon birch
no
i think it was the movie where Ernest goes to jail.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000

<< Yzzim, that would be a perfect piece, oh try to remmeber the name!!! a little help?? >>

I can't remember it for the life of me.

In the movie, the smart kid helps the dumb kid get smart and the dumb kid acts as the smart kid's legs and walks around with him and beats people up for him.
In the end the smart kid dies and the dumb kid is kinda smart and goes on with life.

I think the dumb kid's parents get a divorce in the beginning.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000

<< Shawshank Redemption >>

I was thinking that as well. Too bad the main character was the president of a bank. Like the total opposite of handicapped.

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Awakenings with Robin Williams in it. I saw it during AP Psychology and it was pretty interesting.
The ending is sad though :(.

[EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention what it is about. There's a kid who becomes afflicted with a disease (malaria?) and it leaves him in a state where he is essentially without life. Robin Williams comes in as a new doctor who feels for these mentally absent type of people and finds a use for a drug for these people. The kid now an adult (Robert De Niro), along with the rest of the patients, experience life and how much it changed... I won't go any further now]

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001

<< Awakenings with Robin Williams in it. I saw it during AP Psychology and it was pretty interesting.
The ending is sad though :(.

[EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention what it is about. There's a kid who becomes afflicted with a disease (malaria?) and it leaves him in a state where he is essentially without life. Robin Williams comes in as a new doctor who feels for these mentally absent type of people and finds a use for a drug for these people. The kid now an adult, along with the rest of the patients, experience life and how much it changed... I won't go any further now]
>>

the one with robert denero?

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Thanks Mista and Ozma, those look like very good choices to choose from, ill tell you guys which one i picked tomorrow

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
I think that movie that you guys are talking about with the dumb kid and smart kid is Simon Birch.

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
but Simon Birch didn't have some big dumb kid that beats up people, it had Ashely Judd in it though....... OOOooooOOooooo

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
I'm still looking for that damned movie.

I can see it sitting on the damn shelf in the video store!!

Another good movie would be Rainman