What's a good subject for a satirical paper?

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Here is the assignment:
In 2-3 Pages, write a satiric piece that contains clear ridicule of an obvious subject. Although appropriate humor may be used, a point should be made about our modern times, a person or group of people, an event, or a human vice or weakness...

Originally I was going to write about SUVs, but that topic is overdone and simplistic. Then I thought about possibly doing one a new Apple product, like "wire-less wire" that comes in 10 different colors or something as an example. Aside from poking fun at Apple, there isn't much of a point to that idea though?

Any ideas?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
write a paper about how great a president Gore would have been.

Couldn't be anything but satire...

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
In high school, I wrote a "modest proposal" about prison overcrowded that suggested a return of chain gangs, using electric cattle prods to control the prisoners, and making it a reality TV show. My teacher loved it, but apparantly it offended black people because I used the word "slavery." Meh.

You should do a parody of your school's newspaper. Use Pagemaker or some other desktop publishing program to make it. I did that my senior year of high school for an english class (I was the editor of my school's newspaper for real, so I knew all the fonts and stuff) and I got a 98% on it. Just make fun of issues in your school that are occurring now.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How hunting the "harmless" deer is such a crime against deermanity.

Anti deer hunters seem to forget about petty things like the destruction of crops, the billions it costs per year in medical bills and insurance claims when deer run onto the highways, and the overpopulation of deer and diseases like chronic wasting.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
write a paper about how great a president Bush is.

Couldn't be anything but satire...